Author Topic: TAPERED COIL WINDING HEAD PICS AND DIMENTIONS  (Read 7248 times)

zubbly

TAPERED COIL WINDING HEAD PICS AND DIMENTIONS
« on: August 15, 2004, 08:10:33 PM »
Hi again!

here are some pics of what is called a tapered cone coil winding head. very common in many motor repair shops. the photos i took are not the best quality, but together with some dimensions i gave, i think any one could use some hard wood blocks, a router, some glue and a 3/8 threaded rod to hold it all together. this head works beautifully to make multi span coils for 3 phase windings and can also be used to do many single phase windings.

i also put in some other photos of other types of winding heads used for single and three phase windings. we can discuss them some time in the future.

most of the dimentions i gave are pretty accurate, but the odd tiny little difference would not make any difference anyways.

have fun

zubbly

here are the other winding heads i mentioned

hope these pics and dimentions will be of use to some of you

zubbly  :)

« Last Edit: August 15, 2004, 08:10:33 PM by (unknown) »

Peppyy

Re: TAPERED COIL WINDING HEAD PICS AND DIMENTION
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2005, 04:38:21 PM »
That first one looks very much like the tool they used to mesure the size and width of v-belts years ago. If I understand this correctly, each concentric loop will span 2 slots further so the windings for each phase can be wound in one single strand, tied together and removed from the tool?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2005, 04:38:21 PM by Peppyy »