Author Topic: posting photos (updated version)  (Read 7366 times)

kurt

• website
posting photos (updated version)
« on: June 19, 2010, 06:29:38 PM »
The ability to attach and display photos has been modified on this board so that attached photos can be displayed next to the text of your post so you can comment on each photo instead of having all the photos display at the bottom of the post like they used to.

to attach a photo into a post click the words "additional Options" in the screen you type your post. then click browse and browse to the photo you want to attach. if you want to attach more than one photo click (more attachments) and add another photo. your photos need to be 640 x 480 pixels or less and less than 150KB or they will not upload.

once you have all your photos added you need to insert them into your post otherwise each person who wants to view your photos will have to download them to there computer as a file and open them on there computer which is a total pain.

to insert your photos into the post put the text cursor were you want the photo to go then click (insert attachment 1) (insert attachment 2) etc. that will add a line of test to your post that will look  sorta like this (attachment=1) except with [ ] instead of () there will be one for each photo so make sure each one is in the proper place photo upload does not happen until you click post so you cannot preview and see your photos.

TomW

• Super Hero Member Plus
  • Everything I put here gets changed..
    • Free Stuff
Re: posting photos (updated version)
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 06:43:52 PM »
I did not know that and I am supposedly paying attention.  ;D

No wonder nobody much can sort it out!

I still use the web based storage and paste in between url tags. Those display in preview and seem to get resized fine to work here.

Tom
Join in an alternative forum at Anotherpower.com

kurt

• website
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 06:46:14 PM »
you can also host your photos on a third party photo hosting site and make them display in a post using the insert image tool button on the upper left has a little bitty image of a photo in it.

to make the image display you need the URL of the actual image not a web page with the photo on it.

like this http://pics.ww.com/d/393539-1/fromovi3.gif

not this http://pics.ww.com/v/kurt/junk/fromovi3.gif.html

all you do is click the insert image button and then paste the URL between the two codes.  [...]paste url here[....]

please keep in mind or photo posting policy of 640 x 480 pixels or less and under 150KB

Hilltopgrange

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 08:22:13 PM »
Hi Guys, a quick question

Apart from the normal size restrictions (640 x 480 150 kbs) is there a max number of pics allowed in a single post?

I have just compleated building a latice type tower and I think the story would benefit from plenty of pictures.

I was thinking of posting 18 pics in the story! is this to many or should I split the post into a couple of parts?

Just thought I would ask first?

Russell
How many windmills do I have to build to become a windmillologist?

JW

• Development Manager
  • SuperHero Member
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2010, 09:41:15 PM »
Hi Hilltopgrange,

10 per story or post.

JW

Hilltopgrange

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2010, 06:39:37 AM »
Hi JW, no problem I will split it into two parts. im glad I asked!
Thanks
Russell
How many windmills do I have to build to become a windmillologist?

hayfarmer

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2011, 06:37:04 AM »

The file size limit has been increased back up to 150K.
G-

UPDATE Today at 10:20:10 AM: (JW) I've reset the file size to 150k per picture 10 per post... Could someone update norms post about the change back to 150k from 42k, I'm having a hard time finding the posting, and I gotta run, be back at around 12 o'clock eastern time.

Done

a very good improvement  ;D I will still reduce pic's to around 50 k.b. to save space/time it  helps when you want to see details on the screen with the 150 k.b.

thanks hayfarmer
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 06:38:46 AM by hayfarmer »