Author Topic: Ferrite Gen with a Classic 150  (Read 70663 times)

Menelaos

Re: Ferrite Gen with a Classic 150
« Reply #165 on: January 09, 2012, 04:02:57 PM »
Hi Frans,

Would be nice to have a look at that picture :-)

But this definitively gets off topic now. Would be nice if any of the administrators here could open a seperate threat and move all of this brake discussion in there as it got bigger than I thought it would and does not refer to the classic...should have done that in the first place anyway...sorry for that

Max
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 04:07:25 PM by Menelaos »

ChrisOlson

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #166 on: January 09, 2012, 04:08:30 PM »
I think Max was going to use springs.  With springs, the power to activate the brake is already at the top of the tower and you just have to activate it somehow.

Using hoses, either air or hydraulic, could have a problem with twisting up.  Especially hydraulic hoses, don't like to twist very well.  Air hoses, at least in my shop, are always twisted up into a big knot   ;D
--
Chris

midwoud1

• There are more chiefs than indians
« Reply #167 on: January 09, 2012, 04:39:55 PM »
Thats right but there are small size light turning swivels , can mount one in top.
A storm here is maximum 3 days . I was able to rewind ,did not loopup much .

Frans.

SparWeb

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Wind Turbine Project Field Notes
« Reply #168 on: January 09, 2012, 05:00:04 PM »
Max,

We can pursue your line or reasoning, but:

A 4 meter rotor, facing 20m/sec wind, with "see" up to 60 kiloWatts.  Naturally if it is overspeeding, its CP will not be high, but you cannot count on this.  It is also a dynamic situation, not a static steady-state.  That means that "all bets are off", and by that I also mean the "Betz is off", too.  You can experience brief moments of capturing more power than 59% as long as you admit that the flow will collapse a moment later.

So your generator, with the shorting switch closed, can impose a 37 kW load on the rotor, leaving 23kW for the mechanical brake to absorb.

An automobile brake can stop a car (1500 kg) that also has 20 m/sec of velocity (that is what Chris used for his previous example).  The kinetic energy that has been dissipated by 2 disk brakes (avoid assuming that the rear brakes contribute much, usually they are drums, too) therefore:

1/2*{1/2*1500kg*(20m/sec)^2} = 150 kJoules for each brake disk stopping from 70 kph to zero.   The braking distance is known, but it's faster just to assume it takes about 5 seconds to go from 20m/sec to 0 in about 5 seconds (stop in 50meters, feel 1/2 grav deceleration, the numbers are close enough).
Under those conditions the brake must be dissipating 30 kW for 5 seconds.

Now we find there is a certain balance of power:  Rotor takes in 60 kW, generator absorbs 37 kW, and the automobile brake takes the rest, 23 kW, leaving 7kW of energy to spare.

All of that safety margin is lost if the wind speed was 21 m/sec.

Will that brief burst of +60 kW last longer than the brake disk will?  Are you a gambling man?
No one believes the theory except the one who developed it. Everyone believes the experiment except the one who ran it.
System spec: 135w BP multicrystalline panels, Xantrex C40, DIY 10ft (3m) diameter wind turbine, Tri-Star TS60, 800AH x 24V AGM Battery, Xantrex SW4024
www.sparweb.ca

ChrisOlson

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #169 on: January 09, 2012, 05:26:20 PM »
Under those conditions the brake must be dissipating 30 kW for 5 seconds.

Spar, I think you have to look at total power dissipated by a brake over time.  Most of those small car brakes have about 20 kW dissipation capability for 20 seconds (that's in some SAE standard someplace).  You can dissipate that amount of power over the longer time and get more total braking power, and possibly a gentler stop for the turbine.

But you do make a good point, and that is the limitations of the brake.  A lot of people look at that, and say, "Oh yeah, that car brake will having no problem stopping a mere wind turbine".  But it's only going to work up to the point where the brake is no longer effective.

In reality, 20 m/s winds are mild and your turbine's generator and furling should be able to handle that under all conditions.  It's during more extreme winds, like 30 m/s thunderstorms, where you'll want the brake.  But like I said, I have not seen a mechanical brake that will fit on the turbine that can dissipate that kind of power at 30 m/s and survive it.

So now we're down to using some sophisticated electronic controls to "sense" when a runaway is about to happen and apply the brake before the turbine rotor can start developing more power than the brake can dissipate.  And to my way of thinking, that's where it gets a little grey.

Even on the commercial turbines, the brake in it is used for parking, not overspeed protection.  You get up to 7 meter rotors, and larger, and the amount of shaft power you got is just ridiculous if you load the rotor down at 30 m/s.  It's like the brake on a Jake 7 meter - the old ones where just a tin hat made of steel.  They wouldn't hold the machine parked in good wind.  So there's a cast iron disk you can put on it with a more robust caliper now.  But it's still only for parking and changing oil in the gearbox and greasing the yaw table.  It's not for trying to stop the machine when it's running.
--
Chris

SparWeb

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Wind Turbine Project Field Notes
« Reply #170 on: January 10, 2012, 02:03:07 AM »
Well you could get into the difference between rotor sizes, vented, dual calipers or singles, etc etc.  but regardless of details, I wasn't arguing against the point:  an auto brake can stop a certain size of turbine, in a certain strength of wind, but no greater.  Menelaos is pretty comfortable with numbers and I felt like having a go at them myself, especially because I could see that trying to work out torque values was distracting from the more basic point (IMHO) that a sizeable amount of energy must be dissipated, otherwise the rotor will not slow down.
Okay I'll stop (off topic)...    (Max, want to take it up on a separate thread?)
No one believes the theory except the one who developed it. Everyone believes the experiment except the one who ran it.
System spec: 135w BP multicrystalline panels, Xantrex C40, DIY 10ft (3m) diameter wind turbine, Tri-Star TS60, 800AH x 24V AGM Battery, Xantrex SW4024
www.sparweb.ca

Menelaos

« Reply #171 on: January 10, 2012, 06:49:30 AM »
Max, want to take it up on a separate thread?

Yes, I thiink so as it busts the initial discussion and has nothing to do at all with that Classic which this topic is about...

A 4 meter rotor, facing 20m/sec wind, with "see" up to 60 kiloWatts.  Naturally if it is overspeeding, its CP will not be high, but you cannot count on this.  It is also a dynamic situation, not a static steady-state.  That means that "all bets are off", and by that I also mean the "Betz is off", too.  You can experience brief moments of capturing more power than 59% as long as you admit that the flow will collapse a moment later. So your generator, with the shorting switch closed, can impose a 37 kW load on the rotor, leaving 23kW for the mechanical brake to absorb.

I really cannot follow these assumptions and there is no logical explaination for that and hearing that, Betz in his grave would probably start spinning up as well  ;-)
Yes, you can have moments when the wind decreases quicky and the kinetic energy stored in thje spinning prop is "used" thjat the "cp" is higher that 59 percent...but that really has nothing to do with cp and blade efficiency and in sch a situation we do not have a problem anyway. My calculations were based on a steady wind of 20 m/s. Of course in a real life situation it will not be steady, there might be gusts of 25 or 30 m/s and situations where there is only 15 m/s.

With those blades that are not twisted and have a constant width things are different thatn with these high performance blades anyway. People feel those ones are primitiv as they seem to be verry smple and do not look as much "alien" as others do....but thats wrong. If you compare them in a wind tunnel, of course they lose but in real life situations with gusts or even turbulences, they perform really well, sometimes even better than these high tech blades. There is a number of reasons for that but thats another story. In verry high winds that we cannot use anymore anyway, thats where they really can be a great contribution to safety. I already mentioned that some posts back. And it is not an assumption but a fact that they will lose cp and stall automaticly. I could do the math on that and tell you exactly what their maximum speed under load and off cload would be but that would be offtopic as well, plese just take it as a fact.

Those blades might "see" 60 KW but they can in no way convert this 60 KW to shaft power so we do not have to worry about that at all. Anyway, gusts usually come verry fast (which is why they are gusts...) and the blades will not be able to pick up speed quickly. Of course there wil be a rise in power but it will not be as much as it could be assuming that new higer wind speed and that optimum cp. The tip speed ratio reduces and the cp drops down...quickly.

In a real world situation this means that during a gust in the first place the power output will remain constand and then slowly start rising. As it does so, the TSR will get closer to optimum again, cp rises and the rise in power output will become more and more quickly. In the meantime there is plenty of time for a control mechanism to react in whatever way.

If it is the other way raound and the prop is overspeeding, the cp curve will decrease even more quicky until it is so all the winds energy is used to just keep the think spinning. In such a situation, profiles withe big wide tips will produce a lot more drag and losses that high tech blades and mister Reynolds has done a good job putting up a model to calculate for such things. At some point the prop is just not able to spin up more. If you design the blades to survive those forces, you are on the safe side anyway...without furling and shorting and there are some turbines working with this effect doing quite well.

If the blades run away the alternator when shorted will have a lot more power as well as the open voltage rises too. Chris for sure will never have any problems shorting his turbine, even with 2 phases he should be able to stop that beast in 20 m/s and again there still is furling which will help again as soon as the alternator is loaded again

an auto brake can stop a certain size of turbine, in a certain strength of wind, but no greater.

Of course there are limitations. Don't get me wrong with this, I do not consider such a brake to be my primary safety system! That would be furling and if the turbine runs away or does funny things, I will short it, just as chris does. For me such a disc brake system is to used in case of alternator failure or disfunction- a backup for my primary safety system.

Some guys here seem to be really convinced that their alternators are the most reliable and robust technical device on earth. Ok, regarding chris' alternator that might even be true ;-) but that one really has low resistance and spinns verry fast so that those high speed magnet plates provide plenty cooling to the stator.

Anyway...here on the discussion board and also in my own forum and on thebackshed I have seen manny burned stators and not all of them lock the turbine when they break...and not all of those burnouts happend in winds of 20 or 30 m/s

When I see the configuration of some of those alternators, especially for the big turbines with 17 or 20  feet in diameter...that sometimes really scares me. If I see those stator resistances often beeing far too high and people proudly stating things like " this is supposed to be a low wind turbine, I do not need the top end and high winds and my furling sets in early... so to get an early cut in and good low wind performance I kept stator resistance high for a good match"

And often those are the people also stating things like " yesterday my turbine run away a few times in winds of 20 mph just like the other week...something is not right with my furling...I'll try to fix that within the next weeks" and have burnouts and wonder why...

These things do not only happen at winds of 30 m/s ! 12 or 15 m/s second over a longer period of time, especially for battery bound systems with high losses inside the stator windings is enough to kill most of those alternators in case furling ( this black science ) dies not do its job properly....
This is where an alternator independant brake can definitively help....providing that you have one installed.

I started thinking about it when a friend from spain talked to me about hat happend to him. In high winds of about 14-16 m/s something funny happend to his alternator in his 3 m machine. Some kind of short circuit occured inside his stator and the machine didn't run away but an incredible inbalace occured and the whole tower started shaking like hell. He tried to stop the turbine by shorting the alternator but it did not work and he was scared of approaching the machine and the sometines fully furled machine would again and again turn around facing the wind. An hour later he lost his first blade which shook losse due to those heavy vibrations and then the whole tower collapsed smashing his green house. Luckily nobody was hurt. He didn't have a break on that turbine...now he has one on all 5 of them. So thats a real life story where a disc brake would most likely have cleared the situation and turbine, tower and green house would have survived.

I am sure there are a lot of folks out there with similar experiences...

So for me such a braking system is a safety feature I would not like to miss on turbines of that size, not only to provide safety to the turbine but also for the people living around it...

Max

ChrisOlson

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #172 on: January 10, 2012, 10:48:54 AM »
Okay I'll stop (off topic)...    (Max, want to take it up on a separate thread?)

Actually, I think Max had a legitimate question and concern.  When you start looking at the dynamics of high-performance turbines running with MPPT, there has to be methods of controlling peak power, and the machine has to be safe.  When I first started this project I was considering it with a 3.8 meter.  But I looked at what a direct-hooked 3.8 meter can do in really high winds, and decided it would be best to downsize the machine to 3.2 meters to better fit the capacity of a single MPPT controller instead of trying to keep a larger machine under the limits of what the controller can handle on the top end of the turbine's power curve.

I would like to get two controllers and network them and also try it on a larger machine.

I started installing my Classic last night after dark when my solar panels dropped to more safe voltage levels (those have MPPT too and I don't like messing with 140 VDC power).  It's going to take some re-wiring because I had somewhat of a mess with stuff being added on over time.  I'm going to replace one turbine control panel with the Classic because it has all the functions in it of what the control panel did.  Except that over time, I ended up with high voltage solar array power coming into that panel thru the same conduit as turbine power, then going back out to the MPPT controller, then coming back in to the panel with low voltage DC from the MPPT controller, and feeding the bus thru the same power studs as the turbine.  So I have some stuff to get straightened out there.  Plus I need to build and install my clipper load, and I'm running ethernet cable from the Classic to my wireless home network router so I got the thing on my computer network and can access it over wireless with my laptop.

The solar re-wire and re-route ended up more of a project than I thought, because as I've added stuff, I just bolted controllers to the wall where ever they would fit and ran wires from existing stuff to the new stuff    ;D
--
Chris

jarrod9155

« Reply #173 on: January 10, 2012, 12:42:52 PM »
Max ,
   You throw a lot of number and big words out almost slamming some DIY's that build machines without a brake . I agree a brake is a great idea if all kinds of things fail ( ho knows even a UFO could slam a blade and short the stator and wobble or brake the mast  and so on )!!!
     Remember furling is a black sience but It does work and we test it every day are machine fly , how many days have you tested your brake on your turbine you built . All I'm getting at is build it test it and share your results .
       Last month I had my machine run away in 40 mph wind with 6 meter blade span , shorting didn't work but the black sience did !! . I wouldnt of mind having some type of brake to try but that will be for the  next build .

Jarrod

Menelaos

« Reply #174 on: January 10, 2012, 01:08:00 PM »
Its not ma goal to hurt anybodys feeling or play down theit turbines. There are great guys out there that have built beautiful machines!
But every turbine is different and some work great and some don't, especially when it comes to furling but unfortunately you have to keep them running in stormy conditions to find out about that and every site is different as well...
But some people really challenge their luck out there. I am not saying that a mechanical brake is a must have feature but for sure it can contribute to safety, especially in the DIY section and in places where people are walking by.

I do not yet have experiences with that type of brake I am planing to use but those calculations will not be that much off reality. Anyway, I will of course share my experience :-)

Max

ChrisOlson

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #175 on: January 10, 2012, 05:23:38 PM »
I do not yet have experiences with that type of brake I am planing to use but those calculations will not be that much off reality. Anyway, I will of course share my experience :-)

Max, just keep on it.  You'll come up with something that works - that's what this is all about.  If it wasn't for the experimenters pushing the limits there would never be any advancements.

I experimented with an eddy brake for a wind turbine once using an aluminum disc with electromagnets on it that I wound myself.  I got it to generate about 600 watts of braking power with two electromagnets on it drawing around 10 amps to power them.  It wasn't very practical, really.  But with better materials and design it could be made to generate a lot of braking force without any friction members to burn out.

My thoughts where that eddy brakes are used with great effectiveness on trains and roller coasters, and that it could be applied during an over-speed situation to provide extra load to the turbine rotor.  I think I only had a 300 mm x 6 mm thick aluminum rotor on it, which was very lightweight.  I figured it could be gotten to generate 2 kW of braking power without too much extra work (just more electromagnets on it).  But then got involved with other projects and never pursued it again.  But I still got all the parts to it in case I decided to revisit it at some point   :)

I also played with an eddy brake consisting of a neo generator rotor (12 pole) and a flat aluminum plate for a stator.  I chucked the rotor in the lathe and spun it at 600 rpm.  I had the stator mounted on the tailstock on the lathe and I cranked the tailstock spindle to move the stator closer and closer to the spinning rotor.  At something like 5 mm gap the torque tore my stator off the tailstock.

My idea with that was that I could have a stator with neo magnets on it with an aluminum rotor on the shaft.  Then use a flyweight governor to move the aluminum rotor closer to the stator during overspeed.  Never actually built it, but the experiment on the lathe showed me it would work.
--
Chris
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 05:36:29 PM by ChrisOlson »

Menelaos

« Reply #176 on: January 10, 2012, 06:38:49 PM »
I also thought about something like that but then the price of neos startet to rise and didn't bother about it anymore... but I verry much like the approach!

If neos wouldn't have become that expensive, I think that could really be a good option, especially for axial flux alternator machines as the magnet plates are quite big in diameter anyway which will help to reduce the amount of magnets needed. On the other hand side, I think it would require quite complex mechanics as the aluminium plate has to be able to move back and forward and at the same time bear the rotational forces, the torque of the shaft.

Unfortunately I am not really sure how to calculate that kind of thing...well...I am as I know the formulas... but I need to get that femm programm started to make the simulations for "B" on various distances to the magnet....
That is quite tricky as B decreases verry quicky and if we take an aluminium plate of lets say 10mm thickness, B will be different on top of that plate from what it is on the bottom so we need to find an average value for that distance...
But anyway, as we already did the calculations for the shorted alternator and the disc brake, we could also do one for the eddie brake in order to have a comparison of all the ways of braking that could make sense :-)

Max
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 07:22:30 PM by Menelaos »

RP

• A dog with novelty teeth. What could go wrong?
« Reply #177 on: January 10, 2012, 11:25:24 PM »
I have this picture in my mind of molten droplets of aluminum cooling into little metal raindrops before they reach the ground.

;)

Menelaos

« Reply #178 on: January 11, 2012, 03:28:52 AM »
I don't think so...its basically the same than shorting an alternator but with a lot more surface area. Of course this is not a solution to be kept running for hours!

It might really be a good idea unsing an eddie brake to keep the turbine under controll in all conditions but it can definitively not completely stop the turbine and keep it stoped. Furthermore mechanics is applied to adjust the distance of that aluminium plate to the magnet plate. So in the end it will be just as reliable as a passive pitch controll and needs more maintenance than a simple disc brake setup....but ol, letz check for braking power.

I did all the calculations...

First if all I had to determine the average Flux B that the magnet would induce into the aluminium plate. I have choosen a magnet of N40 with the dimensions of 75x37x15mm which is about 3x1.5x0.75 inch that is commonly used for stators of a 4+ meter machine.

That Alu- disc I put in front of that single magnet with a gap of 3mm. It is 10mm thick and the magnet applies its forces on a radius of 200 mm so that it could be applied to the magnet disc on the back of a typically sized axial flux alternator for such a 4m machine. Again we are talking about a 4m machine and about 600 RPM in a 20 m/s wind.

So that average flux that could be captured in the alu disc is 0.26 Tesla, see attached picture.

4767-0

4768-1

I did all the calculations on a piece of paper, I hope you can see what I did on the following picture as I am limited to the size of attachments here...

4769-2

So what do we get? If we close up the alu disc to about 3mm to the magnet at 600 RPM, it will develope a braking power of 5.8 KW. So if we take 10 of those we end up with nearly 60 KW. As we calculated before, for a 20 m/s wind we would need to have at least about 20 KW so the absolute minimum would be about 4 of those magnets but i would probably go for 10 or even 16 as I would on the other side of the alternator disc.

That would be kind of expensive. I guess that with ferrits it would work as well providing that a Hallbach array is arranged in order to improve B.

Ok, I hope that gives an overview :-)

Max

ChrisOlson

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #179 on: January 11, 2012, 08:57:48 AM »
Max, that's very good, and thanks for posting that.  I knew from my experiments with it that it could make a very lightweight (compared to a mechanical) brake that could prevent overspeed of a wind turbine - without any friction members to wear out.

Personally, I liked the idea of using electromagnets because it has no moving parts at all, except the rotor.  I wound two magnets by winding fine magnet wire on a bolt between two washers and got roughly 600 watts with those crude magnets.  If I had more powerful magnets with real iron cores I think it would be no problem building a real powerful eddy brake.
--
Chris

Menelaos

« Reply #180 on: January 11, 2012, 10:45:19 AM »
I am sure that would work but I do not like te idea of using electro magnets for that job because they need elecricity to work. I would want my brake to be fail safe, with elctro magnets it wouldn't be. If there is a power cut for whatever reason, the brake will not work as well. Prices for neodymium has already dropped again. We do not yet really see this as the dealers still have a lot of that expensive stuff in stock to get rid of but I believe that in a coupple of month the prices will be back to half of what they are now and stableise somewhere in that range...
Then, this kind of brake would be an option again...

Max

midwoud1

« Reply #181 on: January 12, 2012, 07:02:25 AM »
Hi Max .
I had to make a new picture of the mini hydraulic powerpack.
It was used on a 10 foot windgenerator long ago ,disc 27 cm , caliper (citroen ),
hold pressure 6 bar . The generator was on a 40 foot tower ,model Jacobs.
Just what Chris said ,it was a parking brake. Some kind of Mc Giver system.

Frans.

Menelaos

« Reply #182 on: January 12, 2012, 07:12:37 AM »
I had to smile when I saw that picture with the electric drill...that reminds me of my first car. The handle of my window opener was broken and I attached a cordless drill to it to open and close it. It looked incredibly stupid but nobody could open his window as fast as I did :-D

WIth that setup, have you ever tried braking the turbine when it was running in reasonable winds or only for parking after it had slowed down or been shorted already?

How did you get that preassure cable up to the brake without the cable twisting when the turbine adjusts to the wind direction?

Max

ruairihev

« Reply #183 on: January 12, 2012, 10:10:17 AM »
Max,
In an earlier post you mentioned that you are not going to make a homebrew altenator for your next project. Have you any details that you can provide regarding the altenator that you can buy from Denmark, a weblink maybe?

Menelaos

« Reply #184 on: January 12, 2012, 12:16:00 PM »
Yes...have a look some posts back. I did post a link to their webside there. if you go there you can do can download the datasheets with all kind of information. i did already see those alternators on an exhibition and they are of brilliant quality...not cheap stuff but worth the money...
O

kitestrings

« Reply #185 on: January 16, 2012, 04:37:19 PM »
Chris & all,

Unfortunately, I've had almost no time to be engaged in conversation here as late - work matters and kids with flu - but I just quickly read through your progress to date.  A little belated, but nice work!  You clearly devoted some serious tiime to this build over the holidays.  It looks great and hope it performs as well.

Regarding the brake discussions.  My preference is to have a means of manual furling, and in the case of a well forecasted event - like H.Irene here last year - to lash the blades off, but otherwise to keep things loaded and running.  Just my $.02.

Some years back (more if I count them) I worked on number of AC induction designs with various sorts of hi-wind 'protection'.  First with discs brakes - I still recall that smell very well...then with hydraulic brakes.  They seemd to work well, but sucked up quite a bit of power I think.  The DN600 was just a different smell in my work clothes.  Lastly, with dynamic braking.  This worked well, but as with the others if the failure was in the gearbox, or coupling to ther generator you were still scR$%##d.  Eventually they added tip brakes, but the maintenance to have them consistently work as designed was very high.

Some intersting ideas none-the-less.

~kitestrings

ChrisOlson

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #186 on: January 16, 2012, 06:16:34 PM »
The turbine has been running for two days.  It is no longer experimental.  It works.

A summary of the project, and its completion, has been posted to the Anotherpower.com forum here:
http://www.anotherpower.com/board/index.php/topic,79.0.html

And a complete gallery of the build has been uploaded here:
http://www.anotherpower.com/gallery/ChrisOlsons-Stuff

--
Chris

Menelaos

« Reply #187 on: January 16, 2012, 07:33:51 PM »
congratulations Chris.. great machine !

oldculett

« Reply #188 on: January 18, 2012, 11:53:10 AM »
Great...Thanks for posting and the links

midwoud1

« Reply #189 on: January 18, 2012, 03:26:12 PM »
Chris
Congratulations with your project .
--
Frans.

Photon

« Reply #190 on: January 19, 2012, 01:43:57 AM »
Very nice machine. Thanks for the youtube video's aswell :)

charlie_ruizpr

« Reply #191 on: February 10, 2012, 12:46:20 AM »
Where can I buy a set of these blades?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 12:50:07 AM by charlie_ruizpr »

ChrisOlson

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #192 on: February 10, 2012, 02:07:45 AM »
From me.  I just sent you an email.
--
Chris

JMaris

« Reply #193 on: February 13, 2012, 11:38:38 AM »
Hey chris, just wondering why you use ferrite mags? I know alot of people on here prefer the neo mags. Also, what grade mags do you use? Sweet geni you got there!

ChrisOlson

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #194 on: February 13, 2012, 11:44:51 AM »
I got interested in it because of the price and inherent fragility of neo magnets.
--
Chris

bvan1941

« Reply #195 on: February 17, 2012, 01:09:11 PM »
Chris,
Your selling S-809 blades?     If so,cost?  --  PM?
Bill

ChrisOlson

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #196 on: February 17, 2012, 01:19:04 PM »
Yes.  I bought the supplier out of them so I have several sets.  I will send you a PM.
--
Chris

TDC

« Reply #197 on: December 28, 2014, 05:32:48 PM »
Movies!

http://www.youtube.com/user/OlsonFarms?feature=mhee#p/a/u/0/9hR_Kc-nJPI

Very Interesting, I'm planing a build with the same magnets and a Midnight Classic. I don't see any wind turbine videos, do they still exist?