Author Topic: 3off Hugh Piggotts 3.7m, 12 footers, UP and running.  (Read 2902 times)

clockmanFRA

• Renewable Energy creation
3off Hugh Piggotts 3.7m, 12 footers, UP and running.
« on: July 31, 2014, 03:32:46 PM »
Normandy France.

Its taken me nearly 6 years to get everything correct and running sweetly.

But at last I think I might have them under control, or should I say, I think I know what the blighters might do.

PS, yes I know, but come the Autumn all that foliage around gets the chop/severe pruning. 
Everything is possible, just give me time.

OzInverter man. Normandy France.
http://www.bryanhorology.com/renewable-energy-creation.php

3 Hugh P's 3.7m Wind T's (12 years) .. 5kW PV on 3 Trackers, (8 yrs) .. 9kW PV AC coupled to OzInverter MINI Grid, back charging AC Coupling to 48v 1300ah battery

kitestrings

Re: 3off Hugh Piggotts 3.7m, 12 footers, UP and running.
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 10:43:32 PM »
Nice!  And an awesome pic.  So why three, and what are you doing with all the power?

I confess I the "blighter" reference doesn't translate, for me.  Wasn't that a poem from my European History class (just 35 years ago)?~

Kind regards, ~ks

hiker

• BIG DOG
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 11:16:52 PM »
and the wind gens come marching in..............................

nice...
WILD in ALASKA

clockmanFRA

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2014, 05:25:25 AM »
KS, I use the word "blighter" as a word meaning, 'required, mostly good but on occasions can be a ruddy pain, but I love them'.

All power goes to a 48v 1300ah battery bank with a 4kW inverter feeding to the house where I can switch in circuits depending on available power.
In the winter the Turbines run much of the 3kW underfloor electric heating, on auto switchover circuits, and as the house is to Passive House Standards then our Energy consumption for a large warm house is minimal.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 05:31:37 AM by clockmanFRA »

3 Hugh P's 3.7m Wind T's (12 years) .. 5kW PV on 3 Trackers, (8 yrs) .. 9kW PV AC coupled to OzInverter MINI Grid, back charging AC Coupling to 48v 1300ah battery

clockmanFRA

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2014, 10:16:14 AM »
" So why three".

Actually I was originally thinking 5 off, as I have all the moulds and the blade moulds, but the cost individually is now about £1200 GBP, which unfortunately is now, 2014, more expensive that equivalent PV solar installation.

But at least I still stick my solar trackers up in the air....

Also on another forum , I discussed with a member about his possible 15kw wind turbine install that was going to cost him £50,000 all in. At which I remarked that for that money I could make and install 50off Hugh Piggot 3.7m diameter wind turbines in my field.

Nice thought don't you think? 50 HP's doing their stuff.