Author Topic: For Sale - (2) 70' towers  (Read 2529 times)

Dave B

• DCB Energy Systems
For Sale - (2) 70' towers
« on: December 19, 2014, 04:54:49 AM »
I am selling (2) identical 70' self supporting tilt towers. These are 3 leg bolted angle iron primed and painted and are 4 years old in perfect condition. They are at the same location in Western NY and are currently lowered, I have started partial dis-assembly. If you take them apart and cart them away they are $3500 each. Purchase them both at the same time, dis-assemble them and cart them away together for $6500 total. These need to be removed from the site fairly soon so this deal is only good until I dis-assemble them and remove them myself, they will then be $4000 each, $7500 for the pair. Serious inquiries only please for more detail and photos. Email me at bruggelog (at) netsync (dot) net
DCB Energy Systems
http://dcbenergy.com/

Mary B

• Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
Re: For Sale - (2) 70' towers
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 03:26:34 PM »
What brand are they? Putting up towers these days requires a PE stamp and engineering drawings in a lot of locations, especially for wind use.

Dave B

• DCB Energy Systems
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2014, 01:09:00 AM »
These are custom built. True, the government wants a cut in everything we do especially if we harvest energy and they reap nothing. Get Grand Fathered in on anything RE that you can and as soon as you can. These towers would be 3X this price commercial with a stamp. If the red tape is taking wind out of your price range you better hurry up with the solar, regulations on this too especially for off-grid you can be certain are not far behind.  Dave B.
DCB Energy Systems
http://dcbenergy.com/

Mary B

• Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2014, 07:01:36 PM »
They already got to every county in MN and had them pass ordinances requiring all wind installations be UL listed equipment, all towers be PE stamped for wind ratings, and all solar is supposed to be inspected and UL approved. So far they have ignored the solar part of it. And I think I can get away with a vawt on a 20' tower without any problems. I can list it as yard art....

gww

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2014, 10:20:08 AM »
So far no zoning here, I consider my 80' tower and turbine as yard art.  I know there are other opinions, just ask my wife.
Cheers
gww