Author Topic: Electric motors  (Read 2091 times)

troymoore4

Electric motors
« on: November 21, 2015, 06:30:39 PM »
I'm working on a project in which I require an electric motor.  I plan on building one myself but I can't seem to find any info on how to supplies the needed power to run the thing. Its a 3phase 6 coil induction motor.  I can provide mor info on it if needed.  That being said, does anyone know how and/or where I can find instructions on that?

joestue

Re: Electric motors
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2015, 10:04:10 PM »
ebay is full of cheap vfds
My wife says I'm not just a different colored rubik's cube, i am a rubik's knot in a cage.

troymoore4

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 12:00:02 AM »
True, but I would prefer the satisfaction of building it myself. I would like to feel the sense of accomplishment from doing that.

Harold in CR

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 08:46:41 AM »
 Here are 2 links to build an axial flux motor using basic hand tools.

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=30061&p=434496#p434496

Version 2---https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=46476

These should get you started.  You STILL have to supply a power source, as has already been stated.

Good luck and show updates to your project (s).

Frank S

• Home with a view of Double mountain
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2015, 10:19:19 AM »
 I would suggest that you download the textbook  titled (Lessons in Electric Circuits) I believe it was written by  Tony R. Kuphaldt Released under  Design Science License
  It is a free to the public download  6 volumes with 9 to 17 chapters in each volume
 http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/textbook/
 Volume I is DC current
 Volume II is AC current , chapter 13 is about AC motors
  Once you have it downloaded save it to an external hard drive / SD card / flash drive or DVDs or print it in hard copy to several reems of paper so you will have it in event you change computers 
I live so far outside of the box, when I die they will stretch my carcass over the coffin