Author Topic: Where to buy panels?  (Read 3691 times)

TDC

Where to buy panels?
« on: March 06, 2016, 11:11:53 AM »
I just got a deal on 15 used 70ah UPS batteries and need a panel or two to get started with solar.  Shipping panels is expensive so I would like to pick up myself.  I could really use some advice on were to buy.  In the southern to central Minnesota area, where would be a good place to buy just 1 or 2 panels? 

Mary B

• Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
Re: Where to buy panels?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2016, 06:07:25 PM »
I have been buying fro Solar Boulevard in CA and paying shipping. Still way cheaper than any of the local sellers. The 12 volt panels can go fedex ground so they ship cheaper.

PNW_Steve

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2016, 10:48:38 PM »
Hey TDC,

Another option may be:

http://www.amazon.com/Renogy-Watts-Volts-Monocrystalline-Solar/dp/B009Z6CW7O/ref=sr_1_1?rps=1&ie=UTF8&qid=1457322164&sr=8-1&keywords=renogy&refinements=p_85%3A2470955011

I do not have first had experience with this product but it does have 481 reviews on amazon, 5 star rating and free shipping (if you are an Amazon Prime member).

IMHO: Mary is more knowledgeable on this subject so I would try her recommendation first and if you don't find what you are looking for then perhaps the Renogy stuff may be an option.

I have been looking at their panels to put on my 5er this year but have not gotten to that project yet.

Good Luck!!

S.

TDC

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2016, 10:54:24 PM »
Thanks for the replies.  Mary B,  would you mind sharing the model you bought?  I'm leaning towards the 150 watt PV-SC150J12, but the Cynergy site only shows the Eldora series. I'm not sure what to make of that.

Mary B

• Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2016, 07:20:05 PM »
I am using these but they changed the design to more of a square, mine are rectangular. https://www.solarblvd.com/product_info.php?cPath=1_269&products_id=2668 they are light enough even I could handle them with my bad shoulders and that was a major requirement.

Johann

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2016, 09:28:18 PM »
I just got a deal on 15 used 70ah UPS batteries and need a panel or two to get started with solar.  Shipping panels is expensive so I would like to pick up myself.  I could really use some advice on were to buy.  In the southern to central Minnesota area, where would be a good place to buy just 1 or 2 panels?

You need way more than a couple of panels to charge those batteries if you use the batteries.

Johann

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2016, 09:42:21 PM »
Hey TDC,

Another option may be:

http://www.amazon.com/Renogy-Watts-Volts-Monocrystalline-Solar/dp/B009Z6CW7O/ref=sr_1_1?rps=1&ie=UTF8&qid=1457322164&sr=8-1&keywords=renogy&refinements=p_85%3A2470955011

I do not have first had experience with this product but it does have 481 reviews on amazon, 5 star rating and free shipping (if you are an Amazon Prime member).

IMHO: Mary is more knowledgeable on this subject so I would try her recommendation first and if you don't find what you are looking for then perhaps the Renogy stuff may be an option.

I have been looking at their panels to put on my 5er this year but have not gotten to that project yet.

Good Luck!!

S.

I bought five 100 watt panels so far.
Installed three of them and have two more in storage with more to come.
I bought four from e-bay (seller is renogy)and one from the renogy website.
Next I will try the HQ 100 watt panel that is a renogy panel ,but $20 cheaper.

The first 3 panels I bought are 2 years old. Two weeks ago I tested them and they still put out the same as when they where new. I like the smaller size since I can handle the panels by myself.

richhagen

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2016, 12:54:21 AM »
Sun electric in Miami has done me good on larger purchases.  WWW.Sunelec.com  Don't expect too much from the phone people though.  John Kimball the owner is a good guy though and the rock bottom prices make up for any deficiencies in service in my opinion.  I have them shipped freight to a warehouse near me and I pick them up from there.  Rich

A Joule saved is a Joule made!

Bossrox

• DIY'er 22kw solar, 32kw battery storage
    • DIY Solar... Power, Water Heating, Furnaces & Other Off Grid Wizardry
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2024, 01:52:46 AM »
I've bought all 96 of my panels used off craigslist or facebook marketplace, haven't gone wrong yet & way cheaper than new.