Author Topic: Cabin tour video  (Read 4173 times)

greenkarson

Cabin tour video
« on: January 17, 2017, 06:29:30 AM »
Been a little while since I've posted on here. I've asked a bunch of questions over the years on here. Thought maybe it was time I made a little video tour of the place.  It's my cabin in Ontario Canada. It's been a labor of love. A lot of the infrastructure was made possible with help from this forum.  The video is just a quick over view.  If you want to see more in depth let me know I can shoot some more video next time I'm up there. 
Thanks for your help

https://youtu.be/wmYhnQnDE5I

electrondady1

• SuperHero Member
Re: Cabin tour video
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 07:01:59 AM »
good to have such a spot to go to

DamonHD

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Earth Notes
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 09:05:18 AM »
Nice cabin!

Damon
Podcast: https://www.earth.org.uk/SECTION_podcast.html

@DamonHD@mastodon.social

Bruce S

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
  • USA
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 09:51:52 AM »
That lovely wood stove remains me of going to grandma's. Those make great coffee!
Thanks for sharing.
Bruce S
A kind word often goes unsaid BUT never goes unheard

greenkarson

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2017, 11:54:08 AM »
Bought that old Findlay 2 years ago for $400 in decent shape.   Despite Their history they are not that great for cooking or heating.  It's a lot of work to keep the oven up to temp. But a lot of fun as well. 

OperaHouse

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2017, 02:11:23 PM »
Waiting to see the energy side.  Best fire starter ever is shredded paper (those one inch crinkled types) mixed in a tub of melted candle wax. Long slow burn that starts even damp wood.

greenkarson

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2017, 05:42:54 PM »
i had full intentions of recording a bunch of videos on how all the different systems  functioned at the cabin last weekend.  But it was the first night with the new propane stove in the addition. The regulator froze up.  And killed my motivation.  Lol.   I'd used a old small regulator I had from a rv worked ok until it hit around -20c

Mary B

• Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2017, 07:21:15 PM »
Nice location! Bet the hunting is awesome. Propane is a pain below -20f. I rented a farmhouse with a propane furnace and several times I had to heat the regulator with a hair dryer to get things flowing when it dropped to -27 that winter. Only rented that house a year, landlord was a super jerk and when I caught him entering the house without my permission things got nasty...