Author Topic: Saving the Planet.  (Read 2629 times)

clockmanFRA

• Renewable Energy creation
Saving the Planet.
« on: November 12, 2020, 03:52:54 AM »
Okay this post is a bit  'Tounge in Cheek'.

Had a few polo shirts embroidered this summer.

Here is my 13 year olds shirt that survived a few washes.

13475-0

Mods ...... We are not a manufacturing business, been told that our stuff means that retailers and the like can not make large profit margins.  But we just publish "How to make" books at cost.  Those are Hugh Piggots design of wind turbines with our fiberglass blades.  All other stuff is our perfected designs and made here.

These renewable energy events/shows, for us,  just  seem to be about half truths and facts/figures that are seemed to bamboozle.

We wear our polo shirts, and that gets them 'going'.

Our Philosophy ..... "Keep it Simple, Design and Make it Robust", and importantly, "Keep it Cost Effective".

Been updating our Web sites recently.   Here is the "Off Grid and Mini Grid"   page  ......

http://www.bryanhorology.com/off-grid-and-your-own-mini-grid.php

Yes it has real info for working systems in Europe. 

« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 02:04:35 PM by clockmanFRA »
Everything is possible, just give me time.

OzInverter man. Normandy France.
http://www.bryanhorology.com/renewable-energy-creation.php

3 Hugh P's 3.7m Wind T's (12 years) .. 5kW PV on 3 Trackers, (8 yrs) .. 9kW PV AC coupled to OzInverter MINI Grid, back charging AC Coupling to 48v 1300ah battery

Scruff

Re: Saving the Planet.
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2020, 12:50:25 PM »
The planet will endure no matter what we do CM.
It's the resident species are in danger only.
We humans... ::)

Our Philophsy ..... "Keep it Simple, Design and Make it Robust", and importantly, "Keep it Cost Effective".

Wholeheartedly agree³

Does that mean we have to build everything ourselves? I keep buying broken promises.  :-[

Frank S

• Home with a view of Double mountain
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2020, 01:34:34 PM »
Scruff it may not be such a bad thing is half to 2/3rds of the human species were to become extinct or at least 2 of the subspecies of humans the sub species that believe government should provide everything and the even lower subspecies of those in the government who think they have all the power to take at will from the higher species of humans who make and provide things to give to the middle species who do nothing.
 OK that's the limit that I will delve into that subject on a forum of this level
I live so far outside of the box, when I die they will stretch my carcass over the coffin

Scruff

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2020, 02:08:07 PM »
I've very little sympathy for our plight. Look at what we do to the place... ::)
Too arrogant to invest in a spare planet too.
I think we think we're right because nobody disagrees with us...everything we know was explained to us by another human...you know that error thing we laughingly forgive ourselves about all the time...

I bet most people aren't associating the 100 year storms hitting use every decade and the pandemic as symptoms of the same thing.
2050's gonna be exciting.

I've no illusion of changing anything. Neither borrower nor lender be. My house is 100m above sea level of a world with no ice caps surrounded by some very capable vehicles of complimetary strengths. 

Frank S

• Home with a view of Double mountain
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2020, 06:38:32 PM »
If you want to use that meter thing mine sits near the top of a hill at 565 meters the far north edge of my property is at the top of the hill just over 567 meters and the far south of the property is at 553 near the middle  of the hill and the property has about 1 kilometer frontage sand and clay so it will have be one big flood before I'm going to start building a boat
I live so far outside of the box, when I die they will stretch my carcass over the coffin

clockmanFRA

• Renewable Energy creation
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2020, 02:48:54 AM »
Frank, I have watched your work on building your own building, and as i said your works are inspirational.

Frank you actually do stuff, and thats brilliant.  !  :)

Scruff,  " Does that mean we have to build everything ourselves? I keep buying broken promises.  :-[  "
You make stuff and mould stuff to do a better job, so my hat is duly raised.

The problem is Scruff that a lot of equipment for the renewable energy sector is very specific, with manufacturers getting involved with products that make them a good profit margin.  As you have found out some gear like Morningstar Tristar products are well made and will endure what we throw at them.

However, China poor quality products sure have muddied the market place somewhat.   Even worse is that Management of well known companies are using the cheap labour costs of China to have their own products made out there with scant QC.

This is a good forum as its not linked to any retail products or a retail company, and i have been kicked of retail forums in Europe as i have shown that some well known manufacturers equipment does not do what it says on the box, unless you buy extra this and that! 

Now to ensure our Philosophy criteria we here 'Le Vivray, France' end up making most stuff ourselves.  However with help from folk like 'Oztules' and Hugh Piggott and others, who have a passion and are willing to give their experience and wisdom, we here have progressed to achieve our Philosophy goals.

So hopefully with our 'How to Make' books we can leave a legacy that helps others to take that extra step forward.

I am naturally an optimist about the future, and i like to think that the humanity will dig it self out of the sh.t, that selfish folk are leading us.

Arrogance and ignorance are everywhere, but if you have actual empirical evidence, ie you have done it yourself, then, in my book say so!    as there are some good humans that listen and care. 

The mods on here are good kind folk and have always supported my endeavours. Although i suspect that they think i am as 'Mad as a Hatter'.

As Frank says,   "OK that's the limit that I will delve into that subject on a forum of this level".

So, Frank and Scruff, keep up the good and interesting work.
Everything is possible, just give me time.

OzInverter man. Normandy France.
http://www.bryanhorology.com/renewable-energy-creation.php

3 Hugh P's 3.7m Wind T's (12 years) .. 5kW PV on 3 Trackers, (8 yrs) .. 9kW PV AC coupled to OzInverter MINI Grid, back charging AC Coupling to 48v 1300ah battery

Scruff

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2020, 04:41:48 AM »
Here's the planet without Ice-Caps

Still there.

I love your optimism CM, and I enjoy having it too, whether I'd go so far as to believe it remains to be seen.

As regards the quality of products on the market...we are all accountable. If we buy it we are voting for it.

I've left 2 European forums now both over a disagreeable signal to noise ratio.
I like this one a lot it's a home of critical thinking and empirical evidence.

Careful what you wish for CM my other day job was rock and roll...aka eco-terrorism. The pay's way better on the darkside.

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2020, 10:58:28 PM »
Hi Scruff,

I was looking at the way you attached your picture. we have put alot of work into attaching images. this link tells the ideal way of doing it., worth looking over.

https://www.fieldlines.com/index.php/board,36.0.html

Scruff

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2020, 05:22:19 AM »
What's the issue with using external links JW?

SparWeb

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Wind Turbine Project Field Notes
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2020, 09:04:22 AM »
We just noticed that you have hosted all your pictures on Imgur.  Which is fine, but there's a better way.

Without knowing if that costs you anything, if you have size limits, limits on the number of files, or other restrictions there like you do on other photo-hosting sites, JW and I want to let you know you could upload photos to Fieldlines, in case it's more convenient.

We've had some history with external links to photos - some photo hosting sites have gone out of business.  And of course as soon as you go on to other things, or change e-mail address, then the external site like Imgur loses track of you and wipes your pictures.  From our end, the posts you write today lose all their pictures tomorrow, and in the future we can't make sense of the post and discussion we had.
No one believes the theory except the one who developed it. Everyone believes the experiment except the one who ran it.
System spec: 135w BP multicrystalline panels, Xantrex C40, DIY 10ft (3m) diameter wind turbine, Tri-Star TS60, 800AH x 24V AGM Battery, Xantrex SW4024
www.sparweb.ca

Scruff

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2020, 11:45:39 AM »
Which is fine, but there's a better way.

A lottov my photos I consider intellectual property Gents.

The conversational links are natched from the net so downloading to upload again seems like a rather complicated way to have a conversation for the sake of an archive.

I understand the request.

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2020, 12:17:55 PM »
Hi Scruff,

what I noticed is that your image had a frame. We have a easy way to display remotely hosted images its built into the forum, so there are two ways to display images remotely and uploaded. I will post an image of where that button is, later today.

Scruff

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2020, 12:27:24 PM »
Do they?

I've never noticed...

...I also have no idea what that means!

Thanks JW.

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2020, 01:19:23 PM »
Heres the button

13487-0

Scruff

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2020, 02:30:05 PM »
That's the button I usually use. I've still no idea of what the frame you're talking about is. I use an out of date version of firefox though which is not normal. That pic of the globe above is off tinternet by the way.

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2020, 02:36:47 AM »
It could have been a glitch on my end.  What I saw was an empty frame and and a icon at the upper left once I clicked on that then the picture displayed.

No big deal, TechAdmin warns me about that from one browser to another it can happen.

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2020, 02:54:09 AM »
Hi Scruff,

Quote from: Scruff
A lottov my photos I consider intellectual property Gents.

The conversational links are natched from the net so downloading to upload again seems like a rather complicated way to have a conversation for the sake of an archive.

I have several patents so I know what you mean :)

When I bought Fieldlines (years ago) we adapted it for IP friendly policy. If you have your images stored remotely/archive and link them here there should not be an issue for you. But any pictures you display have the one year deadline at least for the US.

As a side note we dont copy right any images that are uploaded here, they are the property of the user/poster can be removed by request and thats no problem :)

Scruff

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2020, 05:58:16 AM »

I have several patents so I know what you mean :)

I wonder about this sometimes. Patents can really hold up progress. They're also very complicated and time consuming and should I decide the idea needs a revision then the product might not be protected under that patent.

I think ecologically the best foot forward is to open source. I benefit from the feedback and the hive can benefit from seeing the progress I make or falter and choosing what ideas they'd like to implement.

It's not a hugely concerning issue for me, I'm getting into the Irish event hire market and it's wide open for my hardware (because it's so bleedin' difficult to make reliable when all the hardware sources are bleepin' chancers) and I have the contacts already.

For the now the more infernal combustion engines I'm responsible directly or indirectly for reducing the runtime of the more karmic kudos I'm collecting.

I took a 2 x diesel 80kVA twinset offline for 3 days with 1kWh and 1.2kVA on a festival build once, that's been one of many inspiring incidents that I'm on the right track.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2020, 11:13:05 AM by Scruff »

richhagen

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2020, 02:38:07 AM »
Scruff, carbon is useful stuff.  I would guess that most likely in a hundred years or so, provided we have more economical renewable and or nuclear energy options, that we will need regulations to keep people from pulling too much of it out of the air.  Plants do it now, and we use that biomass for fuels, food, and materials with which to build our world such as lumber and plastics.  It is only a matter of time until synthetic industrial means to remove the carbon and convert it more directly and efficiently into stuff with economic value becomes practical.  It really depends upon the relative economic value of the energy needed to do so as there are processes for some materials to do so even now.  For example:
A Joule saved is a Joule made!