Author Topic: ISS and Space shuttle veiwings from around the world  (Read 831 times)

jmk

ISS and Space shuttle veiwings from around the world
« on: June 22, 2007, 08:47:11 PM »
 I saw something really cool in the sky June 21st. It was the space station that is powered by solar panels traveling at 17,000 plus mph! It only took 3 minutes to get a crossed the sky. The space shuttle was right behind it. They look so bright you could see them in the sky even if you were in a major city like Las Vegas. I felt proud for man kind and thought I would give you a link to show you when the next sightings are going to be for your viewing area. I hope you all enjoy it as I did. Get your cameras ready. I missed half the show trying to get my camera flash to shut off in the dark and didn't even get the picture. It will be flying in view for me in Oxford, Michigan tonight at 10:00 from the west and in view for four minutes with the shuttle four minutes behind it. It gets around the planet in astonishing 90 minutes from an altitude of 250 miles up, and the shuttle can do it in an hour! Don't worry about guessing if it's it or not. There is no mistaking it when you see it. Just be ready! http://spaceflight1.nasa.gov/realdata/sightings/
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 08:47:11 PM by (unknown) »

RP

• A dog with novelty teeth. What could go wrong?
Re: ISS and Space shuttle veiwings from around the
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 10:31:55 PM »
Yes, the wife and I went out on Wednesday night to see it too.  That was pretty cool. Even though it was overcast for most of the sky they both shown right through.  I'd say they were about as bright as Venus or Jupiter are.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 10:31:55 PM by RP »