Author Topic: A sorta newbie saying hello  (Read 807 times)

Simple serf

A sorta newbie saying hello
« on: June 24, 2007, 06:12:53 AM »
Hello! I just figured I would say hello and tell a little about my system. I was on  otherpower forum occasionally a long time ago, and have been a lurker for quite some time. My interest in renewables started a probably when I was 6, and I saw an Enertech 1800 that a friend of my dad's has (it still doesn't run). After growing a little and learning the many problems that this grid tie system encountered (it was one of the first grid tie systems to our local power company back in 83 or 84...they fought against it tooth and nail), I remained interested in renewables. I eventually got into solar after reading about some of the simple systems on otherpower. I purchased a small 11w panel, a battery and an inverter. This system has grown in size slowly to around 100W primarily using those 15w panels they sell in Northern tools. I am currently using  a WalMart 125AH battery and when that craps out on me, I am getting some used US Battery 2200's from work (I work on and run Autoscrubbers overnights).  Anyhow, I just figured I'd say hi.

Paul

« Last Edit: June 24, 2007, 06:12:53 AM by (unknown) »

coldspot

Re: A sorta newbie saying hello
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2007, 01:03:43 AM »
Hello,

Any kind of charge controller?

"used US Battery 2200's"

Those should be great!!!

I scored six "Clarke" 6 Volt ones last year, they seem to be great ones also !!!

« Last Edit: June 24, 2007, 01:03:43 AM by coldspot »
$0.02