Author Topic: its getting better!  (Read 814 times)

Tballer2

its getting better!
« on: March 17, 2008, 05:07:01 AM »
Today I got the motor mounted, everything lined up ok. turning it by hand, it didn't seem to take much to get it to start rotating, on a slow rotation I am getting about 2 to 3 volts, as I sped it up went to 6 to 8 volts, then I turned it quite a bit faster and got 10 to 12 volts, faster yet 13 to 15, faster yet about 18 volts, but that was really cranking on it! I have to remount the blades get them locked in good yet, then it will be ready to put up on temporary tower, and if we get a decent breeze I will see what it puts out, whether or not it is turning fast enough. If it still isn't fast enough, I may go to a car ring gear off a flywheel or torque converter, should give it a lot bigger ratio, my guess is it will be 2 big a ratio. bye 4 now.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 05:07:01 AM by (unknown) »

tecker

• SuperHero Member
Re: its getting better!
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 07:34:30 AM »
I just glanced at your files and saw the cieling fan motor .If that's the motor your refering to in your diary There must be a problem ( maybe magnet alignment ) those stators are single phase high resistance. You should be 20 to 50 volts hand turn . You can take taps off the motor to get the amperage up or pulse with the higher voltage . Post a pic of your magnet alignment and wireing. You can get good output from ceramic mags with this stator.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 07:34:30 AM by tecker »

Tballer2

Re: its getting better!
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 09:50:18 PM »
You completly lost me LOL I was thinking of making a windmill, started doing some reserch and found that ceiling fan will not put out near enough juice , so I took blades off ceiling fan and got a 2 1/2 hp treadmill motor. I have a some pics on photobucket, not sure address but pics are under arfab1/windmill just updated pics a few minutes ago. Thanks

« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 09:50:18 PM by Tballer2 »