Author Topic: continuing VAWT blade design upgrade  (Read 2263 times)

(unknown)

continuing VAWT blade design upgrade
« on: August 13, 2008, 03:56:33 AM »
using off the shelf parts to construct a generator housing for 5 large coil metal

backed stator plain, I was able generate 16.5 volts on lathe test fixture and illuminate an auto headlight at an low RPM.I have fabricate a antenna mast mount so there is no need for a tower. The plan is to have many small VAWT to take advantage of the low windspeed close to the ground.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 03:56:33 AM by (unknown) »

barbados

Re: continuing VAWT blade design upgrade
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 08:21:56 AM »
Kilroy,

Your setup looks interesting, I too am thinking of a low ground VAWT.

Can you give some more info on your generator and its output and what type of blades you are using.

Best wishes

Barbados

« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 08:21:56 AM by barbados »

KilroyOdin

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 11:39:20 AM »
Hi, I would be happy to. Do you know a standard load value for testing a generator output?

The auto head light I used had a resistance of 1.8 ohms.  I used 5 amp wire for the coils.  I will take some more photos and post them in a day or so. Thanks for response. I did some testing with different blade designs and I found that cylinder half work best, I am still searching for a hybrid lift/drag configuration. If you have any thoughts please let me know.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 11:39:20 AM by KilroyOdin »

barbados

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 02:40:05 PM »
Kilroy,

I am not as advanced as many of the other guys here, but the following is my thoughts on how i would try to get current and voltage info, I would welcome the input of our gurus on this:-

Please a current meter in series with the bulb and then place a voltmeter across the bulb.

The current meter should indicate the amperage, while the Voltmeter should give the voltage.

The Lenz turbine blade configuration by Ed lenz seems to be the way to go.

Hope I have helped a little of somewhat, please let me know.

Cheers

Barbados

« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 02:40:05 PM by barbados »