Well finally I got the 2hp conversion finished and up and flying.Rather than go the skewed method I went with the offset method not only to save on the amount of magnets to use but increase the sq/inch of mags in the rotor. Using 8off 2x1x1/2 N45 epoxy(painted)neo's with the countersunk hole in the centre I ended up with 8sq/inchs of mags on the new rotor. Many thanks to Dinges who did the design work for the mag spacing and although I was pretty peeved off when I found it cogged slightly I've found my 3 metre bladeset overcomes the cogging no worries.
The rotor in place in the motor
The output shaft on the new rotor I machined to 24mm and used a dual taperlock to secure the bladeset to the shaft
The taperlock all tightened on the shaft, although this dual taperlock can hold over 25hp for added safety I used a washer and setscrew incase the blades decide to want to walk off the shaft
A Rear veiw of the genny
A front veiw of the genny
The blades do start with just a breath of wind and the best I saw was 10 VAC and I just just about count the turns the blades were doing. When I lathe tested the motor the best I could get out of my 1/2hp 3 phase toolroom lathe was about 140 rpm and the output was @29.5 volts about 9.5 amps. I used 2 heavyduty auto batteries for my test where 1 battery was near dead but the otherone was fine.
Well hopefully this genny will perform for me but time will tell.