Author Topic: photo of 12 coils on stator template  (Read 1772 times)

picmacmillan

photo of 12 coils on stator template
« on: December 11, 2004, 02:03:23 AM »
For any newbies out there like me i thought i would show the new stator and coils i am working on.

here is the template of the new stator i am working on...it is 16" dia. and it will be 1/2" thick. there are 12 coils pictured below. They consist of 2 strands of #14 awg magnet wire and they are 30 turns each.

If i would have made the tops of the coils a little more pointy, i could have put another 5 rounds or so on each coil.

This stator will be wired three phase. I made the hole in the center of the coils 1"wide to accomodate the magnets.

I am going to put 3 brass bolts right in the mold when i pour it so i can hook the wires up easily. (thanks for the idea dan).The brass bolts i got from the hardware store, they are the ones used to hold the toilet tank on the toilet.they will work great.

There will be 16 magnets on each rotor(dual rotor).

thanks to the folks who told me to use a little glue from the glue gun..it worked real well to hold the coils until i got the tape on them..

I am going to dip them in some pure varnish to harden them up tomorrow.Hopefully in a couple days i will have the stator poured and finished...pickster

« Last Edit: December 11, 2004, 02:03:23 AM by (unknown) »