Author Topic: UK 12V CFL Supplier (Steca Disty)  (Read 1745 times)

satmanuk

UK 12V CFL Supplier (Steca Disty)
« on: December 12, 2006, 07:47:20 PM »
i'm not from this company(so dont see this as advertising), but have been very pleased with the price and quality of their imported Steca CFL's

i like so many others spent months trying to find the best price possible on 12V CFL's, i even imported samples from Rainbow Power in Austrailia, but they worked out far to expensive with shipping and import duty.

Dulas Ltd, from their website http://www.renewable-resources.com/index.htm look like some type of non profit green company with just large corporate type projects, but they do stock a massive Steca range of products in the UK, and can supply any steca product at trade prices (you might have to orderm from your work for best trade prices)

5W, 7W and 11W 12V CFL's, with 10,000 switching cycles are about £6-7 ish each, at the time about 5 months ago, it was the best price available in the UK i could find with small order quantities like 5+, so just thought i would share my findings.

ive got the whole house kitted out with these steca 12V lamps, all automated of an Ocelot controller with ocupancy sensors, as a result, the controller is allways turning off and on lamps, hallways for example 35+ on off cycles per day. bulbs are still going strong with impresive startup times

enjoy

Satman

« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 07:47:20 PM by (unknown) »

AbyssUnderground

Re: UK 12V CFL Supplier (Steca Disty)
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2006, 01:38:53 PM »
Could you possible post a link to those CCFL's please? I can't find it on their site.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 01:38:53 PM by AbyssUnderground »

satmanuk

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2006, 01:54:31 PM »
thats the point, they dont have them listed on the site anywhere, i emailed steca DE and USA, and found out dulas ltd are the official uk disty for Steca, but dulas dont officialy advertise the products, strange, but maybe its not their direct market, they are very large project orientated.

steca's products are here

http://www.stecasolar.com/en/kat/uid_kategorien/0000581/id_matchcode/hp_photovoltaik/bop/0/chksum/8d
3a6d02e81ae2aaee3bfe367bd598c8/beetools.html

you'll need to email dulas with your enquiry and they'll send you a trade pricelist for the products your interested in, they work out cheaper than ordering direct from steca and paying the international shipping. hence steca's recomendation for ordering them locally in UK.

hope this helps

satman

« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 01:54:31 PM by satmanuk »

willib

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2006, 06:57:15 PM »
'Sports Authority' has Colman battery operated CFL lamps on sale for $10.

no clue on the brightness or anything about them, but i thought it was a good price for the whole lamp !

regularly $20

of course i also think the $1 CFL's at the dollar store are the best deal going, i did see the FREE ones at LOWES also.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 06:57:15 PM by willib »
Carpe Ventum (Seize the Wind)