Author Topic: i need advice/help  (Read 838 times)

rottingspinalcord

i need advice/help
« on: August 28, 2009, 04:11:51 AM »
well hello again everyone. well i am trying to get another RE system up & running. all i have is my old marine batts, they stay steady around 12.54v since i haven't done more than de-sulphate them in the past year. i am making a fair wattage solar panel with a plexiglass cover, any word on energy loss from heat/plexiglass. i have a set of harddrive magnets begging for a home/ aswell as 20 rectangle ceramic magnets 2"x1"x0.5in. give me advice/inspiration please. i do need a better place for wind though, this place has a nice bright hilltop but fairly low wind.still want a build wind rated genny for future use. any advice is appreciated.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 04:11:51 AM by (unknown) »

snake

Re: i need advice/help
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 12:35:22 AM »
hi there,so,due to lack of wind in your area,i would advice you to convert an induction motor to a generator by  using those hard drive magnets in the rotor or by using a permanent magnet motor as a wind gen.in this way,you will be able to test the average output from the motor.according to the power output,you decide if you want to build bigger
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 12:35:22 AM by snake »

rottingspinalcord

Re: i need advice/help
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 08:16:35 AM »
ok, i should clarify a bit more. the system i had/have is 2 marine starting batteries, a decent array of solar panels, and no wind. currently i rarely even have my panels out due to how rainy it has been. the wind issue is i do not have anywhere to put a turbine were i currently live. the thing i really want to do is find a decent motor to put my magnets into. they are sandwiched (the neos) in between the ceramic magnets, i have 6 sandwiches like that and more loose neos/ceramics but not enough to make another,as what i have been told high voltage/low rpm is what i should look for. please just advice ad tipsto keep me motivated. i think i will end up making a small genny from a stepper motor to test with. thanks in advance ;]

« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 08:16:35 AM by rottingspinalcord »