Author Topic: Inverter  (Read 2494 times)

(unknown)

Inverter
« on: March 29, 2010, 07:45:03 PM »
Aloha Everyone,

I am still looking for expert advice or experienced advice on the best low starting inverter so far my Ginlong GCI-2k not faring to well alarm after alarm. If anyone has any idea or experience with fixing the unbalanced bus alarm please help. I have been working with Ginlong and so far not so good. but if anyone has an inverter that works great please looking for insight.

Respectfully,

Robby

« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 07:45:03 PM by (unknown) »

wpowokal

• Far North Queensland (FNQ) Australia
Re: Inverte
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 06:06:10 AM »
I suspect you are not supplying enough information for anybody to help, I downloaded the instructions but my Chinglish is found wanting.

If you can explain the problem in a bit more detail you may get a response.

allan

« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 06:06:10 AM by wpowokal »
A gentleman is man who can disagree without being disagreeable.

imsmooth

Re: Inverter
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 10:59:21 AM »
I have to second that comment.

What is your voltage range?  What is maximum wattage?

Grid-tie?

Grid-tie and battery bank?

« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 10:59:21 AM by imsmooth »

imsmooth

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 11:06:44 AM »
I found one of your other, similar, posts so I think I can respond.

I use the Aurora Power-One grid-tie inverter.  The voltage range is 50v-600v.  I never get above 300-350v.  If you go above 600v - boom!

You can see how I connected things if you go to

http://www.mindchallenger.com/wind

Just go through the index, or page through, and you will find the inverter/shunt controller section.

I considered the Ginlong, but I decided against it as I was not sure of the level of support I would get if there was a problem.  So far, I have had no problems with the programmable Aurora.

It can take 16 data points for programming your power-curve.  My 3.6kw unit cost about $1900.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 11:06:44 AM by imsmooth »

Hawaii

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 01:27:07 PM »
Sorry guys for the lack of info> I have been so frustrated with the Ginlong inverter no working that I forget the basics.So this Aurora looks good hows it work for you so far. My requirements are 30v-400v,6a. If you need more let me know I really appreciat you all responding to me.So another question is the Aurora you said 50v-600v does this mean it starts inverting power above fifty or is there a time frame like the sma inverter where there is initialization,also is it DC powered or is it powered from the AC side so its always on.

Rob

« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 01:27:07 PM by Hawaii »

imsmooth

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2010, 06:53:52 PM »
Look at my pictures.  You will see that the 3-phase goes to a DC rectifier/filter.  This goes through a shunt controller that will bleed power to a resistor bank above a certain voltage.  From the shunt controller it goes to the inverter.

When the turbine hits about 45v it powers up and locks onto the grid's phase.  The power for the inverter comes from the turbine, so you are not using your MAIN's power. The initialization takes about 20-30 seconds. When it hits 50v it will then start drawing power from the DC input, which comes from the turbine.  If the turbine voltage drops to zero, the inverter stays on and grid-locked for several minutes, eliminating any reinitialization.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 06:53:52 PM by imsmooth »

Hawaii

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2010, 03:00:47 AM »
Jonathan,

I appreciate the time you are taking to consider my questions and my lack of knowledge. I was reading what you recommended and like what I see. I submitted my notes and your comments to our comittee and they have placed a large order on the aurora inverters. Thanks for your positive feedback if ever you come too Maui look us up QGC Alternative Energy, we also own 4 luaus  all of which I will gladly place you on my VIP list.

RObby

« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 03:00:47 AM by Hawaii »