Author Topic: "Site Jacking"  (Read 1802 times)

bob g

• 8.8kwatt idi diesel thermal conversion unit
    • microcogen.info
Re: "Site Jacking"
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2004, 09:12:19 PM »
can we all have a group hug now?

bob g

« Last Edit: November 23, 2004, 09:12:19 PM by bob g »
research and development of a S195 changfa based trigenerator, modified
large frame automotive alternators for high output/high efficiency project X alternator for 24, 48 and higher voltages, and related cogen components.
www.microcogen.info and a SOMRAD member

jacquesm

Re: I see you want to start the games.
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2004, 09:13:14 PM »
SO, I'm a criminal now right ?

Let's make this official then, please report me to the police and we'll see who's full of $#|+ here:

My full name & address are:

Jacques Mattheij

903 F&G LINE

Richards Landing

Ontario, Canada

P0R 1J0

But, if it should happen that you are lying about this, or if it turns out

that someone else pulled a fast one on you, you are going to be in a whole lot more trouble than you have bargained for, I don't like being called a criminal without there being a very good reason, and I just happen to be 100% sure that that is absolutely not the case, and I'm pretty sure that my computers will confirm that story. If you falsify your logfiles then I'm pretty sure the law enforcement professionals will take care of that and charge you with some more items.

Slander (because this is in public and it's false) is not something that I take lightly.

I'm a recent immigrant into Canada, and as such live in a glass house, just your

accusation alone can cause me a TON of trouble, but not nearly as much trouble as it's going to cause you by the time the smoke has cleared up.

The only person that we have so far seen break laws is one Andrew Brown, massive copyright violation under the guise of 'archiving' content, and an admission of such on the record...

Where you got the proof that I defaced your website is totally beyond me, I call that jumping to conclusions. I just went to your site and looked it over, and I can't see a thing there that looks out of place. So, all I have for this is your word that it got changed. I suggest you check your logfiles and then write a VERY sincere apology or go to the police and we'll have it out.

You may wish to bail at this point, it seems you do not know when to stop, you have just gone a little bit too far in your behaviour.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2004, 09:13:14 PM by jacquesm »

juiced

Re: I see you want to start the games.
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2004, 09:15:55 PM »
Who exactly have i insulted here?

And what is the second post?

As for bringing it to my site, a few did. But not you. Well, not in any percievable, attributable way.

As for who you are, you keep hinting. why not come out and say it?

You dont seem to have anybody backing you up...

« Last Edit: November 23, 2004, 09:15:55 PM by juiced »

juiced

« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2004, 09:21:54 PM »
You did yourself in right there jaques. I never said what happened to the site but you seemed to know exactly.

So, we can and very likely will let the logs decide. I dont have access to my logfile (server side), so well know to the 't' when they send that email.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2004, 09:21:54 PM by juiced »

jacquesm

« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2004, 09:27:18 PM »
Look at my front page:

www.juiced.ca

Nice one jaques. Hope you know thats crimminal, not quite a copywrite infringment.

is what you said dummy, I merely responded to that.

you are really out of your mind.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2004, 09:27:18 PM by jacquesm »

iFred

« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2004, 09:34:39 PM »
I believe we all have good intentions, we are for the most part investigating the same phenomenon of energy, but in different ways. Some create it and others use it. However there does come a time it appears, about once every couple months when a dispute between two individuals needs to be ratified once and for all. It just happens...I know I have been there, done that and bought the tee-shirt. Something about that other person just ticks us off the wrong way and wam, we are in the heat of argument. Does not take much and  usually ends in one party totally pissed off and not willing to negotiate even when they know for fact they are wrong and should apologize or suffer the consequences of their own actions. One also tends to leave due to ridicule.

I like both of you to stay and figure it out, I like both posts but...

Jacuesem, you have a tick on your shoulder, the person is not listing any more. Let him have it wide open or leave it alone. Take your pick, do it quickly and be done with it. Looks like you have already begun.

Juiced, It is time to surrender, you cannot possibly win this. I believe you had good intentions, and always have. I have always enjoyed you posts. Now the heat of battle is upon you and you must make a choice. I believe if you calm down, slow down on the signature and bio info slightly, it will all go away, you win without submitting. Stop now and save yourself further grief. Your are putting yourself is a bad position and making yourself look bad, you have lost the battle I believe.

Zubbly, Dude!! we gotta talk some day!! You got some strange thoughts... Email me!

Whatever the choices. I wish you all the best, i'll stand by from a distance!

Good Luck!

« Last Edit: November 23, 2004, 09:34:39 PM by iFred »

juiced

This ones for the bin.
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2004, 09:35:42 PM »
<sigh>

"Where you got the proof that I defaced your website "

look man, just leave me alone. Im very defensive. I wont go after you. My server might, but i have bigger things to do.

I honestly dont care what you want to say or call me. Post my name. I have nothing to hide. Did i post yours? no. Did i invade threads without reason? no.

However, i did want the STAFF here to know and realise im not trying to take anything away. and im sure they got the point.

do i have something else to do? YES.

I could let you in on a few things, but i wont.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2004, 09:35:42 PM by juiced »

juiced

« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2004, 09:42:20 PM »
Im sorry dude, but i dont even see what there is to win. I get daily letters thanking me for directing people towards info; and today some guy decides to start a war.

<biting tongue> <biting tongue> (not towards you, but just in general...)

Dont we have the same sized 'bio' BTW?

« Last Edit: November 23, 2004, 09:42:20 PM by juiced »

iFred

Re: This ones for the bin.
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2004, 09:43:12 PM »
Juiced, I like you as a  fellow Canadian, don't release information willingly.. This is what I am talking about.. Just don't. Shhhh... silence! Trust me..
« Last Edit: November 23, 2004, 09:43:12 PM by iFred »

juiced

« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2004, 09:45:45 PM »
sorry for the double.

I forgot to mention. You might want to see the time stamps between the site change, me fixing it and posting the trap.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2004, 09:45:45 PM by juiced »

jacquesm

Re: This ones for the bin.
« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2004, 09:50:07 PM »
NO, please BRING IT ON...

You say you have proof I'm calling you a bald faced liar, since I did no such thing...

You now want me to leave you alone, but it isn't that simple any more, you have insulted me, called me a criminal and then some.

You also seem to have the idea that because someone can draw conclusions from what you write that that is the same as admitting things. It does not quite work that way.

I own a few websites, as you may have gathered by now, and if you tell me to go 'read your homepage' and that you had to use one of your FIVE backups in anticipation of my antics that you are suggesting that I had defaced your homepage.

I drew that conclusion before looking at it from your posting, then after writing my reply I went there to have a look, checked a few pages, saw nothing out of place and then wrote my second reply to you. Again, your logfiles will show you.

Since you have appearantly called me a criminal WITHOUT EVEN CHECKING YOUR LOGFILES  I think you may be even more silly than it seemed so far. Do you have any idea of how serious the charge is that you level against me ? If it were true I would lose my status here IMMEDIATELY, and I'm very well aware of that, hence even if I could do a thing like that I'd be the LAST person in canada that you have to fear a thing like that from. You could not have known that, but that does not make much difference to me.

Guess what ? I didn't do it, assuming it happened (of which I have not seen any proof), but there are plenty of tech savvy people on fieldlines or the IRC channel that could do that, and a lot worse I'm sure. You'd be surprised. So, you have decided to go one step too far, and now you have crossed a line that will take one hell of an apology to make this go away, if not, you see I will go to the police and turn you in for slandering me in a public forum. All that just to clear my name, which you have sullied in a terrible way. My name is pretty much my only asset, and I protect it very carefully.

So, this won't go away anymore just like that, you have made certain of that yourself.

FWIW, I'm the inventor of the 'Live Webcam', owner of ww.com, currently busy with a pilot project regarding renewable energy in the Sault Ste. Marie area and am not in the business of comitting computer or other crimes. A little bit of googling would have told you that and a whole lot more about me.  

YOU are no longer in a position to tell me to 'go away', you lost that when you started calling me a criminal.

All of a sudden you can't be bothered and you have things to do ? You should have thought of that a bit earlier. Your move, Andy Boy, and it better be good this time or I'll be at the Sault Ste. Marie station tomorrow to record a grievance against you. And, contrary to you, I don't bull$#|+, this one is for keeps.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2004, 09:50:07 PM by jacquesm »

juiced

« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2004, 09:55:22 PM »
You are telling me that you invented the "live webcam" as in a camera that can be used on the web?

And yes i googled you right after i uploaded my backup.

And once again. I never insulted someone else, so.... play innocent all you want. Perhaps somebody else did the work? A simple call to another country seems to get alot done for you then!? Wow... i can see why you are so jumpy.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2004, 09:55:22 PM by juiced »

iFred

« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2004, 09:55:41 PM »
Juiced, You have three lines I have one!

Canada's -Debatable- A.E./R.E Debate Site

News, discussions and debates!

www.juiced.ca

Simmer it down a bit, thats all we are saying...

Also, I promote & encourage alternative energy use, not the web site. Totally different strategy.  I am not promoting the web site, I promote the use of alternative energy, to inform and enlighten, to help, not my self but others. I am not self promoting as you are. That comes by itself without my help. I would rather say something like "build a windmill save energy" or "use solar energy and breathe easier" etc.. get it...

Look at the web site link as more like a bonus or perk rather then exploit ting it.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2004, 09:55:41 PM by iFred »

juiced

« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2004, 10:03:20 PM »
(im kidding around here)

Put it down to charectors and im not far off. :p

(now im not)

And i think ive been pretty calm, everything considered. Since ... 12 pm today, ive been flamed by some guy who has such important things in life; that im his target. Little lowely me. as he put it, and my 'so called site'.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2004, 10:03:20 PM by juiced »

jacquesm

« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2004, 10:14:15 PM »

Yes, that's me. Not the 'webcam' per se, that already existed, in the form of a coffee pot that you could look at on the net, but the webcam that has moving images   without any plugins was my work back in the days when webpages were purely 'static'.

so, now you are suggesting that I ordered someone else in another country to work on you ? Any suggestions about which country that may be ? Or is any country good enough for you ? Me being so 'powerful' and all that. Poor you the underdog. You have a conspiracy problem I'm afraid.

I assume that means that you do not feel like apologising having been given the chance to do so, that was really not the best way out for you, but fine, so be it.

Dear Andy,

What will happen now is very unfortunate, since I really don't think you are in a position to be calling any kettles black with the copyright violations on your site and such.

Please do not take it personal, anybody that would call me a criminal in a public forum that would not apologise and does so while admitting to not having proof of said accusation that they themselves can believe (in which case I would possibly give you the benefit of the doubt, and I might even help you to figure out who did do it) would get the exact same treatment.

You have had your chance and you have thrown it away, don't blame anybody but yourself.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2004, 10:14:15 PM by jacquesm »

juiced

z
« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2004, 10:27:28 PM »
You want an apology for me saying that my front page is criminal? (i cant put sentences together any better than you apparently...)

Not a lawyer. might be a good programmer But since you are so talented (yes now i googled with some result), why dont you find something better to do?

Do you think you could possibly intimidate me? I dont own a web cam. precisly for people who play games.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2004, 10:27:28 PM by juiced »

iFred

« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2004, 10:30:13 PM »

jacquesm - You insulted him in the second post and continued to ridiculed him thereafter.. You are as in fault as he is. In other words, it takes two to tango...He has been defending himself since. You are in a position to stop at any time, yet you and he continue this on and on.. You are both unworthy regardless in my eyes at this point. Want to change this? then end it, NOW.. both of you and apologize together and be done with it.

IT TAKES TWO TO TANGO!! You are both to blame for this post.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2004, 10:30:13 PM by iFred »

juiced

« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2004, 10:44:29 PM »
*My apologies. (i wouldnt want to lose a friend/resource like Ifred, and thats the only reason.)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2004, 10:44:29 PM by juiced »

jacquesm

Re: z
« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2004, 11:01:59 PM »
no, I wanted an apology from you for writing in a public forum that I had committed  a crime by stating implicitly that I had defaced your website, without proof or having taken the time to establish that it really was me that did this to you, assuming that it really happened and that you did not do it yourself to grab some more attention.

You're not a lawyer ? I had somewhat guessed that. I suggest you find a good one because you will need one soon. Better get another one to explain to you in a 10 minute session or so what copyright and fair use is all about and how you should abide by the terms of service of other websites.

I have lots of 'better things to do', but I decided to pen a 10 line complaint against the way you were behaving here. You decided to escalate this further and further. After your second escalation I figured there may be more here than meets

the eye, you were not exactly behaving the way a legit forum owner would, and presto tons of copyright violations jump to the surface. That was after a bit of googling by some of the more tech savvy people on the IRC channel.  

I'm not in the intimidation business, that would imply a threat and I have not threatened you, I have merely made you some promises, conditional on your behaviour which you have ignored or made even worse. I highly doubt you really understand the implications of the things you say.

Look at it from my point of view, I'm in the process of becoming a citizen of your fine country. I have made lots of friends here and done a sizeable amount of work in transplanting my business and private life from the Netherlands to Canada. My businesses employ some 15 people in Canada.

Your calling me a 'criminal' is a very serious charge, doing it in writing is even more serious, and your suggesting that I have an organization that commits crimes in my name makes it worse still. If my case reviewer will google me an find this discussion they could easily draw the wrong conclusion, so, in order to clear my name I will have to take you to court because you do not seem to understand that you can not make such accusations without rock solid proof.

Basically I am not in a position to be attacked like that and walk away from it, if only because if a jerk like you causes me to lose my status here based on unfounded accusations a lot of people would go down with me.

Again, you could not know that, but you seem hell bent on destruction and you insist on making things worse with every step. You apologise to everybody here but the person that you have insulted.

Whether or not you own a webcam is none of my affair, and I fail to see the relevance of that. I merely gave you some background information to let you know who I am, what I've done in the past, what I'm doing right now and why I'd be the last person to mess with your site. The proverb that comes to mind is 'those that live in glass houses should not throw stones', and I live very much in a glass house, so I don't throw stones. But I do speak my mind...

« Last Edit: November 23, 2004, 11:01:59 PM by jacquesm »

juiced

« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2004, 11:23:30 PM »
So in essence you are threatening to come after me legally for drawing a very LOGICAL conclusion from a very specific set of time and events.

->I aplogise if this ever causes you grief over your citizenship as that has nothing to do with anything.<-

Im never gonna let you or anybody else screw with me for no reason. Y

My advice, dont be a troll.

You wanna play cop? You want to pick dirt? Play all you want. I think you are a whinning ARSE and have been rude in almost EVERY single post ive read in the last week since i noticed your name.

I eagerly await your call tomorrow morning.

How this has turned into me apologising is beyond reason. I dont even know why i continue to reply.

Maybe after rereading my posts, i will remember that i CONTINUEOUSLY tell you to lay off.

you gonna post my personal phone number next?

« Last Edit: November 23, 2004, 11:23:30 PM by juiced »

hiker

• BIG DOG
« Reply #53 on: November 23, 2004, 11:45:49 PM »
dam--was it a full  moon last night or what!!!!

all night people were fighting on my cb radio--now this..

don"t take life so dam serious.....................time to hit the trail!!
« Last Edit: November 23, 2004, 11:45:49 PM by hiker »
WILD in ALASKA

juiced

« Reply #54 on: November 23, 2004, 11:51:06 PM »
^ this man knows what life is about! :D
« Last Edit: November 23, 2004, 11:51:06 PM by juiced »

kurt

• website
« Reply #55 on: November 24, 2004, 03:37:48 AM »
by iFred

"Should I suppose that I am also considered a bad egg because I put in the header info with my web site? ummmm.... let's see what you say about this, because I think i am the one that started it... "

that is what the header and signature lines are there for. if the admins did not want you putting links to your personal websites there they could disable those features easy enough.

what got everyone in an uproar is that juiced has a habit of posting comments in threads along the lines of you can come talk about this topic on my board and a link. that was just annoying. the straw that broke the camels back was that he posted a link to a thread on his site proclaiming the latest incarnation of the windtree scam as the best thing since the invention of the cheese slicer.

http://www.fieldlines.com/story/2004/11/22/215230/86

in any way inferring that any of the windtree incarnations are legitimate workable machines and not vaporware has always been a good way to get barbaqued on this site. we don't like re/ae scams or scammers.

after that windtree post by juice i think jacquesm just let fly with what had been building up for a wile and let fly with the site jacking thing and kinda forgot what brought the anger to a head (we all do that at times) and then it just escalated from there when juiced posted this new thread.

that is my personal interpretation of events and as with any interpretation could be off base here and there.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2004, 03:37:48 AM by kurt »

elvin1949

« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2004, 11:59:03 AM »
tomw

you are lucky.[solar]

My gennie is not built yet.

50 plus mph wind's last night.With tornado's

everywhere.

oh well next time.

later

elvin