Author Topic: Board Updates / Request for More Feedback  (Read 389 times)

(unknown)

Board Updates / Request for More Feedback
« on: April 24, 2003, 06:26:24 PM »
Here's our current "punch list" for this new message board. We'd like to get everything as easy to read and use as possbile before we turn off the old board.

So, please give us one more round of your comments, suggestions, gripes, etc. on the new board.

• Format Issues

• On front pages, show number of new messages in red, comments in bold
    • We could make it show who made comments on the front pages (right under the intro text), if people are interested in this feature. We could also let users turn this on and off. Any thoughts?
    • Automatically carry story title into comment and reply submit form title.
    • Make intro text submit form 30 words long, instead of huge like it is now.
    • If there is interest, make a box (can be turned on and off by user) that lists the last X most recent comments
    • Re format the <previous story name -- next story name> nav bar when you read a story.

• Functionality issues

• Get spellcheck working
    • Allow photos in comments and replies
    • Disallow HTML or photos in Intro text
    • Turn on Email digests
    • Turn on subscriptions to diaries
    • make a button that generates the HTML for a gallery of your photo directory

Please let us know what you think!

ADMIN

« Last Edit: April 24, 2003, 06:26:24 PM by (unknown) »

Techstuf

Forum's great.
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2003, 07:15:30 PM »
Your ideas are all good to me.  This forum is great already....I wouldn't mind seeing maybe a cool 3d logo and a cool background to the forum's hub....the front page.  Let me know, if you want and I will come up with a good 3D logo and submit a background or two.  Sure beats Sciforums and google groups, IMHO.

Peace,

TS out

« Last Edit: April 24, 2003, 07:15:30 PM by Techstuf »

TomW

• Super Hero Member Plus
Humble Opinion...
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2003, 08:06:25 PM »
Guys;

All that stuff sounds good to me!

I think you should just enable all the options and leave it up to the user to decide what they want to have for "their" otherpower page. Make the default simple so it always works of course.

A simple "all postings since last visit" page be extra nice and maybe more comfy for the people who like the old board.

Personally, I would like all new stories including diaries on the "all sections" page maybe its doable now but it is not obvious how.

Basically my opinions and unlikely to be shared by others.

Cheers.

TomW

« Last Edit: April 24, 2003, 08:06:25 PM by TomW »

xeroid

No Complaints here...
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2003, 01:22:44 PM »
HI Guys.

I especially like the carrying the story title into the comments boxes idea.  It helps make things a little less confusing...

Also, shortening the Intro box couldn't hurt.  It's an intro... It shouldn't need to be the same size and length as the actual story box...

I think the board is great already, but I like your ideas.  Most of what you mentioned I had not actually thought of myself, but it sounds like you are really on the ball.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2003, 01:22:44 PM by xeroid »

Dave B

• DCB Energy Systems
Agree with the RED NEW
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2003, 07:43:56 PM »
Getting used to the new board but for sure agree that I am scrambling around looking for NEW RESPONSES without the RED COLOR and preferrably LARGER also. Thumbs up for # one on the punch list. Dave B
« Last Edit: May 05, 2003, 07:43:56 PM by Dave B »
DCB Energy Systems
http://dcbenergy.com/