Author Topic: Murphy's Wind  (Read 358 times)

Electron Pump

Murphy's Wind
« on: April 10, 2009, 02:09:06 AM »
  The wind speeds the National Weather service reported last week, while my windmill was up, ended up blowing much faster than they predicted. When this happens it would, as you could immagine, creat a feeling of anxiety.

Well for the last three days they been saying that today we would be recieving 55 mph winds. Made a real big speel about all of it. Had the Red Flag Fire Warnings issued and all that. All said and done, highest wind speed recorded today was 43mph.

All complaining aside, I've been able to fix some things that are really going to add to the reliability and dependibility of my machine.

I bought steel cable today for my guy wires. I welded new guy wire tie loops as high as I could up on the tower pole. I've got the blades ballanced much better. And I got the tower pole painted.

The Weather Service is saying that we have a 60% chance of showers Sat and Sun morning. Just for the sake of avoiding any chance of getting her wet I'm going to wait till Sun evening to put her back up.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 02:09:06 AM by (unknown) »