Author Topic: Equal opportunity scammers  (Read 431 times)

dnix71

• SuperHero Member
Equal opportunity scammers
« on: January 25, 2010, 07:48:29 PM »
Two of my coworkers (both from Puerto Rico) asked me today if the PF correction box sold as Electric Saver Nitro would actually work.

They heard the ads on Radio 107.5FM (Univision-Miami) in Spanish and Eddie went online to the website in English to show me. Of course I told them NO!

Eddie figured if it was advertised on the internet it must be legit.

The online ad looked so much like Ebay I did a double-take, figuring Ebay wasn't that stupid. I also asked about the station ownership, because Clear Channel runs ambulance chaser ads on black radio here and the local Jamaican station advertises quack medical cures.

ESN will also sell you water gas kits to "Double Your Gas Mileage Today!" for the low low price of just $700. The same web site also offers a 1KW turbine for only $1,000.

http://www.saferwholesale.com/product-p/windmillwind%20turbine%20generator.htm

Anybody here have an idea on how to (legally) get rid of these jerks? I would love to see Univision get reamed by the FCC for profiting from this.

These guys are operating out in the open in the US, but their domain ownership was obscured. It traces to here:

Registrant:

Quick Scooters

Administrative and Technical Contact:

gary@quickscooters.com

10661 S. roberts Road

Palos Hills, Illinois 60465

United States

(708) 974-0101

This should be a Diary if it belongs at all.Putting links to this stuff here just enhances their ad ranking from a reputable site. Which in a twisted way actually helps them.TW

« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 07:48:29 PM by (unknown) »