Author Topic: Better prices on factory second, blemished PV cells then Ebay  (Read 2574 times)

crag

From what I've read on the net, the people listing these cells on ebay have raised their prices quite a bit, is that correct? Has anyone looked into where they are buying them from? Like maybe contacting the factory and asking about buying them directly? Or since it seems they have them from various makers, maybe there is a wholesale source for larger quantities? I asked one of them for what they'd be willing to give for bulk quantities and they said they wouldn't do it because of what they could sell them for: and they said they didn't have over 300 watts worth, so they've obviously bought a bulk amount from someone else and are selling them for as much as they can. This would indicate to me that they are two or three steps from the source or they'd be able to offer cells in bulk at a discount. Has anyone had any luck finding a more direct source?

[Also, have a look at the 'Cell Protection' thread and see if you think that embedding in resin idea seems more worthwhile then using glass or plexiglas.]

« Last Edit: May 21, 2005, 06:36:41 PM by (unknown) »