Author Topic: Solarez from the Rez  (Read 991 times)

mjchee

Solarez from the Rez
« on: March 28, 2006, 07:28:13 PM »
 Hello, my name is Michael Chee and you can consider me as a homebrewed,independent, solar person who racked up his own system about three or four years ago. At first, my wife was sort of unstabile about the idea of me putting something together without any training. But now she's always please to see our electricity bill every month and even though we have excess to electricity, we use our solar about 95% of the day. So our monthly bill is around three dollars! I could eliminate the electricity but it sometimes helps when we need to use it every now and then. I mostly purchased my panels from those that did not need them anymore and I now have 12 and 6 volt panels. I must have over 2500 watts of power now. I run a 12 volt system and the 6 volt panels, I had to placed them into series. They are the old Carrizo panels but still put out the power.

Over the years it has sure help to go on the internet and learn more on how the solar system works. It sure has paid off! But I'm still learning and making ways of improving the system. So if anyone is out there to give me good old homebrewed suggestions, please feel free to do so. And until next time, happy solaring!!!!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2006, 07:28:13 PM by (unknown) »