Author Topic: Best deals on solar systems???  (Read 1359 times)

(unknown)

Best deals on solar systems???
« on: August 01, 2008, 05:16:39 PM »
Hello, I'm looking for a good/cheap dealer for my new project for a 5.5 kw grid-tie PV system.I was wondering if anybody would have any past experiences and would recommend a outfit that was reasonable. I have searched the net and e-bay and also this search engine but no enteries were found. So i have some people in mind through e-bay but this place is where people are actually dealing with such products and may have some contacts or some idea's. Thanks in advance for your comments......Paul
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 05:16:39 PM by (unknown) »

Tritium

Re: Best deals on solar systems???
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 11:39:03 AM »
http://www.sunelec.com  has some great prices.

Thurmond

« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 11:39:03 AM by Tritium »

dnix71

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 06:35:44 PM »
Where do you live? In Florida you get up to $20k back from the state for that kind of system, but only from a power company licensed installer. A coworker of mine did her house with a 5kw with backup inverter and grid tie and it cost $55K before the rebate.

5kw is a huge system but it still won't run the a/c. She did hers to sell back power. You can't do it yourself with a grid tie anyway. The power company won't let you.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 06:35:44 PM by dnix71 »

Paul h

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 11:44:48 AM »
Thanks for the info. I live in California so the rebates isn't that big but still substantail at $10k though. Yes i know the system wont run an A/C system that's why I'm going grid tie. i can install most of it myself here except for the finally hook-up to the main panel.That has to be done by a qualified electrician or PV contractor.I was just thinking that someone knew of a good source for such a system I'm trying to keep my costs down as much as possible. Thanks again
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 11:44:48 AM by Paul h »