Author Topic: new to board  (Read 792 times)

freepowamark

new to board
« on: December 12, 2004, 10:08:55 AM »
hi all. Mark from Yorke Peninsula South Australia. Been following postings for some time and thought it time to say Hi and merry Christmas to all.

Have bought 100 acres of paradise and will be using alternative power so will be following this board with interest. Family consists of wife and 4 kids....so lots of hot water needed!!!

Can any one point me to a site that has good concise details on fisher and paykel wind turbine designs?

Or should I search this site for info?

Also, is there anyone in my vacinity that has any experience in this sort of thing?

I don't have much practical experience at this stage but look forward to the learning curve!!

Any way...nice to be able to say hi to you all and as I said, trust you all have a great Christmas and a fun and prosperous new year.

Cheers from Mark
« Last Edit: December 12, 2004, 10:08:55 AM by (unknown) »

wdyasq

First steps
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2004, 07:05:29 AM »
In My Opinion, the first move in energy independence is analyzing what one is using and  lowering those needs as much as possible.  It is claimed it is 5 times cheaper to conserve energy with efficient appliancesa and lights than to make it with renewable resources.

In milder climates, batch type water heaters are about as simple and efficient as one can build.  If you have a well, a Water-Pumping windmill to an overhaed tank will supply water and pressure with no expendure of electricity and no need for batteries and pumps to keep pressure.

There are good sites for the F&P windmill.  In a search of this board, you will find them.  In the process of the search, you will learn a lot more than if folks supply you with a link.

Good Luck,

Ron

« Last Edit: December 12, 2004, 07:05:29 AM by wdyasq »
"I like the Honey, but kill the bees"

picmacmillan

Re: new to board
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2004, 02:03:48 PM »
hello mark.....welcome......i am a newbie by most standards also, i have been around here for about a year.....if you follow my posts in the next little bit, i will be building a new generator(genny).....i am just getting ready to pour my stator and if i can help at any time with the limited knowledge i have, i would be glad to offer my help......i have found the posts from other folks the best thing for teaching me how to do this...i ask lots of questions and i tell you this is very satisfying from a personal standpoint...it is good clean fun......anyhow, welcome and i am building a genny similar to danb's on the first page here and it is very much fun to do....take care....pickster
« Last Edit: December 12, 2004, 02:03:48 PM by picmacmillan »

walsdos

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2004, 07:44:25 PM »
Hi Mark,

Take a look at the warlock.com.au  web site.

Good luck
« Last Edit: December 12, 2004, 07:44:25 PM by walsdos »

Julio

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2004, 10:08:03 AM »
You are a candidate to purchase The Penryn Windmill Book (I have a copy). It is published in Australia.

Julio (In Venezuela).
« Last Edit: December 13, 2004, 10:08:03 AM by Julio »