Author Topic: dual helix2  (Read 745 times)

spinner

dual helix2
« on: November 30, 2005, 05:34:02 PM »
dual helix 1: beginning of assembly, showing 2"6061 tube with wood center units installed. Height is 12', width (tip to tip is) 3'.

dual helix 2:  pic of my buddy on the upright unit (on my homemade tip-up tower).My house is just to the left of the unit (2 stories) which is y I built this type of unit..also, I live in the woods, tho there is an open field off to the far left. The unit was designed  to be moveable (up and down) without tippping the unit horizontal ( that part is not working yet ) to accommodate high/low winds.

TO this point in time it has withstood 60 mph winds without damage.

dual helix3: gen. w/EDs triangle mags nothing exceptional here except the fields are NOT poured into resin but are individually wrapped and insulated for easy replacement/experimenting, between two particle-board units that were waterproofed 3 times before assy.

open circuit volt will pass 130 ac when driven hard with a drill motor.

( unit is out of service because we bent a tower section when replacing the upper sleeve bearing with a ball bearing ).

gen will be chain driven @ 6-1 this spring when it goes back up (too slippery on the tower now), hopefully with the auto raise and lower part working because it is vital to the units efficency and surival.

thanx

spinner  

« Last Edit: November 30, 2005, 05:34:02 PM by (unknown) »

Bruce S

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
  • USA
Re: dual helix2
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2005, 10:49:11 AM »
Spinner;

Those sound great. Can't see the pics tho.

Coul you repost in the diary section with pics?

Thanks

Bruce S

« Last Edit: November 30, 2005, 10:49:11 AM by Bruce S »
A kind word often goes unsaid BUT never goes unheard

windstuffnow

Re: dual helix2
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2005, 11:42:57 AM »
  Spinner, that's a sweet looking unit !  Have a chance to get some numbers from it yet?  What is covering that you used to form the blades?  

I like it !  

« Last Edit: November 30, 2005, 11:42:57 AM by windstuffnow »
Windstuff Ed