Author Topic: new to wind energy  (Read 723 times)

thesconz

new to wind energy
« on: August 16, 2006, 06:02:14 PM »
Hello everybody, I'm new to this site and new to wind energy in general, though I am hoping to get a generator or two up on my land. I was wondering what I really need to know about my land and about generators in general. Also, since I don't have a lot of free time, if I end up deciding to get one, it would be helpful if anybody could give me some suggestions for some quality generator sellers. Thanks a lot in advance.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2006, 06:02:14 PM by (unknown) »

Nil

Re: new to wind energy
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 12:25:10 PM »
Unfortunatly you'll need free time to become knowlageable enough to support a RE setup yourself. Unless you have $$ to hire someone for the job it'd be recomended to start reading and learning from previous peoples experiance.

I'm not sure as to what knowlage you need so I cant pick direct links for you so I'd sugest: http://www.otherpower.com/otherpower_wind.html

Otherpower.com regardless is a good site to start learning. Most everything you need to learn will be there, and once you start getting specific questions, then this board would be a great place to start asking.

Before that point though it is hard to convince people to write what has already been writen on those pages.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2006, 12:25:10 PM by Nil »

thesconz

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 12:53:29 PM »
Ok thanks alot!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2006, 12:53:29 PM by thesconz »

Nil

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2006, 03:46:08 PM »
Here's a link I came across today that gives a overview of stand-alone windmills, and grid tie.

http://www.homepower.com/files/beginner/WindPowerBasics.pdf

« Last Edit: August 16, 2006, 03:46:08 PM by Nil »