Author Topic: 2 blades compaired.  (Read 746 times)

Jerry

2 blades compaired.
« on: December 16, 2006, 05:10:58 AM »
I fly both of these blades. The slightly longer and skinnyer blade is a Hornet. The hornet is an exact copy of the AIR-X 403 blade except its a littel larger at the root and a littel longer. The long skinny part of the Hornet blade is about the same width as the 403 blade. Both the Hornet and the 403 blade are bade about startup and are very noisy.

The other blade is my Jerry blade. As uou can see its wider but still fairly thin.

The 403 ends up at 46 inches tip to tip the Hornet at 61 inches. Hornet recomends 6 of there blade on 1 hub.

The Jerry blades can be configure from 46 inches to 61 inches or more. The Jerry blades are very quiet.

I look at it this way if you hold a pencel in the wind not much happens. If you open an unbrela in the wind somethings gona happen. Thats why the 403 & Hornet tack hurican force to get the to cutin. However they requier a blade like this because they are both basicly a car anternator, and as such need very high rpm. Fal blades can't spin fast.

When was the last time you saw an eagle flap his wings as fast as a humming bird?

So the build an alternator that works at 100 rpm instead of a 1,000 rpm and build a blade that starts up at 5 mph rather then 15 mph and avoid the noise of a blade that has tips flying at a 1,000 mph.

JK TAS Jerry

« Last Edit: December 16, 2006, 05:10:58 AM by (unknown) »

vawtman

Re: 2 blades compaired.
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2006, 09:01:33 AM »
Right on Jerry

Thats why your blades dont spin into oblivion.Those hornet blades will probably spin 3x faster before they furl.Start much harder also.

This has been my thinkin with darrius models also.

Glad you weathered the storm.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2006, 09:01:33 AM by vawtman »