Author Topic: multiple volt control for solar  (Read 1393 times)

(unknown)

multiple volt control for solar
« on: June 16, 2004, 11:52:25 PM »
i've got bunches of gms radios, rechargable spot and flashlights and a dozen or so other junk that take plug in transformers.  i would like to make a charging station powered by 12 volt around 15 watt solar panel.  need something with various voltages and a couple of different plugs. it would be nice to have something that would not over charge.  any ideas? Thanks fellows.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2004, 11:52:25 PM by (unknown) »

tecker

• SuperHero Member
Re: multiple volt control for solar
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2004, 04:12:04 AM »

Go to the auto parts store ,or one of the auto sections of a wallmart or target etc and get a plugin that has multiple voltage switch .This will have a LM317t or the like ( a adjustable voltage regulator ) . That's all you need . Get a  female adapter and  then adapters for your devices . Radio shack has the 317 in thier stock if you want to tackle a scratch unit>? power about 15 watts (about 1.5 amp). As far as over charging you could handle this with a zener or another regulator  

matching full charge voltage to light up a led or a  buzzer  and a load resistor > what

I've taken to do is charge batteries while I drive works good I don't need any other charge time and I watch the charge while on the road.  

« Last Edit: June 17, 2004, 04:12:04 AM by (unknown) »

(unknown)

Re: multiple volt control for solar
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2004, 07:55:07 AM »
Thanks, i wondered if the adapters had requalator or just inline resistors.  really want to clean up the problem of finding the correct transformer for the correct toy.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2004, 07:55:07 AM by (unknown) »