Author Topic: It can work!  (Read 1124 times)

mjchee

It can work!
« on: April 11, 2006, 06:25:07 PM »
 Just to let you all know that I have a 700 watt inverter that I purchased from Wal-Mart that runs my house and it hasn't cause me any problems. I purchased it for about 69.00 US dollars and has been running for me for the past few years. I ran a wire into the house so that I can turn it off and on only when I need to use it. It's been working very well for me and I have no complaints. And of course, Wal-Mart is usual very good at returning items if needs replacing and so on.You can probably have excess to two inverters if you want to feed them to other appliances, if necessary. Now that's what I call saving money and enjoying your house at the same time! The inverter is hooked to ten, 12 volt batteries, which I have purchased from Wal-Mart also and they have been performing very well for me too. They are the yellow Maxx batteries that are marine batteries. I had them for four years now and no complaints either. Purchased them for 69.00 US dollars also- each that is.

You know how it is running a solar and trying to save every dollar. Beats running a gas powered generator! I know how expensive name brand inverters are and this is just another alternative way to save and have AC power from your solar.Enjoy!!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 06:25:07 PM by (unknown) »

force9BOAT

Re: It can work!
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 02:42:48 PM »
Thanks for this feedback.  I'm always looking for ways to keep cost down on my system.  Nice to know reliable equipment can be found at such low cost.

Rob

« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 02:42:48 PM by (unknown) »

ghurd

• Super Hero Member Plus
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2006, 02:59:14 PM »
I still like Vector (the kind with wires and a fan).

Would not want it to be my only power, but I like them.

G-
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 02:59:14 PM by (unknown) »
www.ghurd.info<<<-----Information on my Controller

mjchee

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2006, 03:30:43 PM »
 This is a vector model at 750 watts and at 1400 watt surge. So far it's been very dependable and I have a large solar panel, probably around 2500 to 3000 watts. My panels are a mixture of Carrizo, Arco, and Unisolar.They are all hooked up together and the Carrizos are in 4 series.(Carrizos are 6 volt panels)I have at least 9 more Carrizo panels that I need to place them into series and add them to my system.It pays off when the electricity bill comes because we only pay like 3.00 US dollars every month!!! I mostly use solar about 95% of the time. We have electric but only run our refrigerator and that's it. Sometimes in the summer, when the electricity goes off in our small community, we will be the only ones with lights! I usually just smile out my window and watch my Showtime!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 03:30:43 PM by (unknown) »

richhagen

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2006, 07:40:33 PM »
When the power goes out you don't run and waste a bit of power from the batteries by turning on all the lights in the house just because you can?  What fun is that.  Just kidding, Rich
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 07:40:33 PM by (unknown) »
A Joule saved is a Joule made!