Author Topic: 4kw motor Conversion  (Read 9241 times)

Mary B

• Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
Re: 4kw motor Conversion
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2023, 11:06:36 AM »
Well guy's a plasma cutter is my next job so I'm going to take my 6m plate in so I can make the frame for this 4Kw motor conversion, then I have to think about the slip rings. Years ago they used to use brass on brass so that's the way I'll go and for the wires I'll use 7x5mm copper wire to the connection to the slip rings and down the tower.

As I've said this won't have a tail as we are after the most current to charge the forklift batteries and as I wound this 4Kw for 24 volts 48 volts wasn't around so that is where I'll stay

Next August will be the time when this finally gets in the air but before I'm going to bury a couple of 40' containers and get some 1,000 AH forklift batteries to put in parallel for the storage.

Like i say with 3 lathe tests a peak of 90 amps at cutin  is a huge thing to deal with and the name plate is 4Kw I'm sure it will produce it before the eddy currents come in to drop the current. Now I will make my own kill switch so I can shut it down.

I'm going to make my own place on virgin ground and get a 5 ton excavator I can do the ground work of burying to those containers so I can get a constant temp for my ferments.

Guy's with my trails the latest bottle I gave my boss he said it was the best whisky he tasted, now with the aspect of making my own grain on the farm I may be able to get that 18 hole golf course made and totally off the grid on 24 volts.

Cheers Bryan   

Make sure you reinforce those containers! They will not withstand the pressure of being buried. They are strong on the corners and floor, walls and roof not so much!