Author Topic: 2 x 88Ah 12V battery connected to 24V 1400Va inverter  (Read 3166 times)

vawtwindy

2 x 88Ah 12V battery connected to 24V 1400Va inverter
« on: August 05, 2010, 01:22:27 AM »
hi

at present i have an inverter(Pure Sine Wave) connected at home electricity,
1. 2 x 88Ah 12V battery connected to produce 24V 88ah and connected tothe inverter +ve and -ve cables
2. Charging is happening through Grid connected home electricity.

3. I have 40Watt solar pv panel and 18Watt solar panels.

Now i am thinking will these 88Ah batteries can be charged by this solar pv? if so what are step's i need to follow?

also i am in a process of DIY'ng Dan's 10' wind mill, i have 4-8m/s wind speed occassionaly.

being a newbie, dont know how to proceed,?

i have connected one of my Laptop and 2 Desktop CPU(No monitors) unit to this inverter. can someone help me ?
endless hurdles.

snake21

Re: 2 x 88Ah 12V battery connected to 24V 1400Va inverter
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 07:36:05 AM »
hi,before connecting the solar panels,you need to know the output voltage of the pv panels.if you connect the 12v batteries in parallel,then you will get 12v and 176 amps which means that you will need a charging source of over 12v to charge the batteries.thats why you need to know the output voltage of the pv panels.now if you want to keep the 24v battery settings,you will get 24v and 88amps which means that you will need a charging source of more thank 24v.
you need to configure the battery in such a way that it will get charged by the pv panels depending on the output of the panels.
please state the type of batteries you are using
every panel should have their own blocking diode to prevent current from returning back to the panels.its not that dangerous,but for safety.
now to control the minimum and maximum voltage of the battery to prevent it from damage,you will need to add charge controllers.
you must contact ghurd or post a topic in control section for additional info on charge controllers.
charge controllers are important to prevent overcharging batteries or to prevent deep discharging in case of deep cycle batteries specially.
if you use ghurd controllers then the pv panels are connected directly to the batteries
if you use ghurd controllers,then the wind generator also is connected directly to the batteries but passing through a blocking diode to prevent power from batteries from feeding in the wind turbine.
blocking diode should be rated more than the output of the turbine. e.g if your turbine is producing 30 amps,then,the blocking diodes,should be more than 30 amps.
when you will add your turbine,you will need to include dump loads.dump loads are inportant so as if the batteries are fully charged,the turbine wont stop producing power and start spinning lke a mad turbine,instead,it will keep on producing power but the power will go to the dump load.dump load is very important in wind turbine rather than in pv panels to prevent risk of self destruction of the turbine.

any more questions?

vawtwindy

Re: 2 x 88Ah 12V battery connected to 24V 1400Va inverter
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 09:23:12 AM »
the explanations made it pretty clear. thanks snake21.
endless hurdles.