Author Topic: ***CLOSED*** More free stuff ***CLOSED***  (Read 7006 times)

dnix71

• SuperHero Member
***CLOSED*** More free stuff ***CLOSED***
« on: December 12, 2010, 04:21:06 PM »
The first item is a peltier junction cool box that will keep your sandwich and soda lukecold if you work where you are not allowed a real fridge, or just want it for parts. Joel at work got it for free without a power cord. He asked Luis the maintenance guy to get him a cord and Luis took a 120v cord and plugged the 12v fridge in without asking. Luis should have known better. Fortunately Luis only blew the fan and a circuit trace. I replaced the fan and wired a splice for the blown trace and hooked the "fridge" up to a 12v battery charger and it gets cool again. Even the green led works because it was protected by a resistor. The "fridge" is just big enough for 2 cans of soda and a sandwich. Those who have used these know they don't get cold enough for beer [unless you drink British ale]. I disconnected the built-in receptacle and ran color coded leads out for power.

The second is a 7.2-14.4v Dewalt part no. 9118 nicad battery charger. The shell is cracked from being dropped, but as far as I know it works. The battery next to it is a Sears 12v nicad battery part no. 981565-000 made in the 25th week of 1999. The nicads next to it are some from Bruce and enough to rebuild the battery. The charger and battery ARE NOT compatible.

The third is a donation to whoever does the travelling workshops if they want it. Tom, pm me if this is wanted. My parents used to live on a boat. This is a set of matched hss drill/screw extractors and carbons steel thread chasers for taking care of broken bolts. My father gave this to me since he no longer needs it. I already have better at home.

The last is a 120vac impulse sealer from a print shop next door to work. The parent company had an in-house print shop and they closed it and outsourced to save money. I took two of these to keep them from going to scrap dealers. We got lots of nice furniture for our shop before the place closed. I'll let Otherpower has firsts on this if they want it. It's intended use is sealing plastic bags. We used to make poster kits at work and have stapler style versions of this. It could also be used to seal tedlar on pv panels.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 06:50:31 PM by DanG »

Bub73

Re: More free stuff
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 05:33:26 PM »
I'd like the dewalt charger and battery's.

Bob

dnix71

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, 06:02:05 PM »
Okay Bub73  (Robert). I aleady have your address. I try to send them tomorrow from work. This is the last normal week for UPS shipping before Christmas and New Years cut the weeks short.

Bub73

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2010, 08:09:32 PM »
Okay, Thanks pm me the shipping .

Bob

Isaiah

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2010, 10:05:21 PM »
David
 I sent a Pm about the bolt repair tools.
If Tom Doesn't want them I would be interested and could be shipped together with Bub's stuff.
 Charlie

dnix71

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2010, 11:13:45 PM »
Isaiah, okay I'll wait a day on shipping to give Tom a chance to answer. One package would be cheaper and easier.

TomW

• Super Hero Member Plus
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2010, 06:17:26 AM »
David
 I sent a Pm about the bolt repair tools.
If Tom Doesn't want them I would be interested and could be shipped together with Bub's stuff.
 Charlie

If he is talking about me [tom] I am not interested.

If

Tom

dnix71

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2010, 05:22:50 PM »
Thanks Tom. I send it to Isaiah.

Isaiah

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2010, 11:46:36 PM »
Package arrived today and we are happy with the contents!
THANK YOU
Isaiah & Bub73

TXWolfie

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2010, 01:08:49 AM »
That fridge looks kinda nifty if anyone hasnt called dibs on it.

dnix71

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2010, 05:40:57 PM »
TXWolfie send me a PM with your address if you stlll want it. I just saw your post today. It's busy this time of year at work.

cdtomlinson

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2010, 02:32:38 AM »
I would be interested in one of the impulse sealers.  If no one wants them, I know several people who would want one, so I could find a home for both if needed.
Chris

dnix71

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2010, 06:49:29 PM »
Okay CD. I sent you a PM. I go back to work Monday. All I need is an address.

dnix71

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2011, 08:34:30 PM »
Tom, can you please close this thread. I'll relist it later. I haven't heard from the last two who asked about the sealer or coll box. Thanks.

done.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 08:59:01 PM by DanG »

TomW

• Super Hero Member Plus
Re: ***CLOSED*** More free stuff ***CLOSED***
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2011, 09:23:08 AM »
Done