Logged in users > User Diaries

25 to 30 foot diameter turbine

<< < (19/19)

12AX7:
Wholly Krap!

SparWeb:
Matt,
It all looks cool.  Detroit "big iron", humvee chassis, hair on its chest, and everything.

Your pain is our gain, because while you're layed-up for a week, you have nothing to do but send us pictures.  Thanks!

Walk slowly; get well soon.

methanolcat:
Sorry SparWeb, my week of being layed-up consisted of out of state camping, been back to work for a week now and got some more work done.

UPDATE: 

Here are a few pictures of the yaw bearing and the yaw gearbox and yaw motor. I'm not going to be using a tail on this big monster.

I had to make the yaw bearing because I couldn't find anything strong enough for the job in my price range. It's done though and works great with no excess slop in it.

These other pictures show the main gear box attached to the main frame and the yaw gear box and yaw motor mounted. It is sitting in the back of my S-10 pick up taking up the whole length of the truck bed, the truck is squatting pretty good too from the weight.

The yaw gear box is a Boston 60-1 worm gear reducer hooked to a servo motor I had to heavily modify to fit in the space I had available.

That's about it for now, I will keep working on it and keep the pictures coming as I go.

Matt

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version