Author Topic: EVA shortage/price hikes  (Read 609 times)

dnix71

• SuperHero Member
EVA shortage/price hikes
« on: June 30, 2011, 06:26:34 PM »
The company I work for laminates labor law posters. Today a much larger shipment of rolls came in and I asked the man who laminates why because I was afraid there was some big change/replacement coming I hadn't heard about. Jorge said, no replacement, but there was a price break buying more. The warehouse manager walked by just after that so I repeated the question and was told it wasn't for money so much as the supply was becoming unreliable and the price unstable.

Jim said the glue in between the laminates [it's a sheet folded over, wound on rolls] is also used for cell phones and flat screen TV's and Apple was outbidding others and hogging the supply. I asked "EVA?" and he says yes. Then I mentioned solar panels and his faces lights up and "yeah that's the other common use."

So if you want to do it yourself solar, maybe you should look for alternatives until things calm down a bit.

http://seekingalpha.com/news-article/1197044-solutia-announces-price-increase-for-advanced-interlayers-product-portfolio

The price hikes at Solutia take effect tomorrow.