Author Topic: My "new to me" old Jacobs 110 volt 3000 watt wind generator  (Read 36 times)

jenkinswt

My "new to me" old Jacobs 110 volt 3000 watt wind generator
« on: August 20, 2017, 08:32:10 PM »
Just made a long road trip to pickup a Jacobs Wind Generator with the family. Still tired but excited! I have a few other projects to get done first but hope to start working on this soon.

We got it all unloaded tonight when we got home and spun it by hand and haven't seen anymore than 7 volts, is there a cut in speed where it starts producing a higher voltage? Anyone know a good place to find any parts or part numbers? I'm mainly looking for bearings, etc. I'm hoping it doesn't need a rewind, I probably couldn't afford that right now. The blades are pretty rough, I am planning either carving new ones or trying to fiberglass these but don't want to make them really heavy.

This has the newer blade furling setup with springs instead of the flyballs. I will appreciate any and all information anyone has on these, especially the 110 volt models. I was going to attach some pictures but took them with my camera and the file size is too big. I will take some different ones later and post them.