Homebrewed Electricity > Wind

we need a new sticky!

(1/2) > >>

birdhouse:
hello- 

we seem to be attracting many newbies all the time.  many ask what type of motor to buy.  we advise as best we can, and tell them to bench test their motor...

we need a sticky on how to bench test a motor!!  IE:  how to measure amps INTO A BATTERY, how to place dc loads on the bank if voltage gets too high, how to measure voltage, how to hot wire a doc wattson with a 100A shunt.

i think a good solid sticky could eliminate a lot of questions!  i could write it, or if someone else wants to write it that's fine also.

just wanted to throw it out there, as i know i had questions about the subject when i was benching my motor. 

adam

DamonHD:
If there's no appropriate thread/FAQ already then start one and PM me and I'll pin it unless anyone objects.

Rgds

Damon

fabricator:

--- Quote from: birdhouse on July 31, 2012, 11:53:30 PM ---hello- 

we seem to be attracting many newbies all the time.  many ask what type of motor to buy.  we advise as best we can, and tell them to bench test their motor...

we need a sticky on how to bench test a motor!!  IE:  how to measure amps INTO A BATTERY, how to place dc loads on the bank if voltage gets too high, how to measure voltage, how to hot wire a doc wattson with a 100A shunt.

i think a good solid sticky could eliminate a lot of questions!  i could write it, or if someone else wants to write it that's fine also.

just wanted to throw it out there, as i know i had questions about the subject when i was benching my motor. 

adam

--- End quote ---

AMEN!!!!

JW:
I just made it possible for hero members up, to be able to post in the FAQ's section.(i think)

You guys are going to have to give me feedback on permissions regarding posting to this section. Im pretty sure newbies cant post to this section, only hero up...

Im also unsure if a newbie logged in can see the section.

http://www.fieldlines.com/index.php/topic,146955.msg1010988/topicseen.html#msg1010988

GaryFrank:
Nope...cant see it.

I'm a new newbie and have been reading like mad before I start asking dumb questions ....

Big questions like which is the best Axial or Radial flux (http://www.otherpower.com/images/scimages/5171/seely.html)

This is where it gets confusing.... I read the post and thought finally I am getting to read what I want too hear
(I repaired a 1kW Radial Flux VAWT for a customer and think that it is the best design that I have seen),
only to come across a "white paper" from Alstrom (White-paper review Axial Flux Technology for Motors & Generators) which claims that Axial flux is 168% more efficient than Radial flux.
Then I came across a site Coraxial Hybrid Induction brochure by Phemax Technologies, Inc which created much more confusion........

So, yes, we do need a new newbie sticky to stop us from asking dumb questions......

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version