Remote Living > Water

Slow flow pump recommendations?

(1/3) > >>

SatyrTN:
Is it "Slow flow" or "low flow"?

Anyway, I'm looking for a pump for the following specs:

DC - I'd like to run this off of solar panels
30' head (or so - the water tower is still being built, but that's about the height)

Anyone have any similar situations, and recommendations for what pump I should look for?  My research so far has turned up the Dankoff pumps, at $1,500 or so, and that's a bit steep for my pocket book.  Hopefully there are other options :)

Thanks!
--SatyrTN

oneolddog:
Not sure what you're asking for.  Where is the pump going to be located in a well or above ground?  What is the source of the water?  If it's a submersible well pump you need check out the Shurflow 24vdc deep well pump.  It will put out 112 gallons at 230 foot of head.  $699.00 + shipping at Northern Tool on line or your local shurflow dealer.  Easy to run off the solar panels.

OperaHouse:
If only 30 feet a surflo 2088 would work.  At that head flow would only be 2gpm, but only about $70.  I have used pumps like this except 24V on 12V and they work fine if you find a deal.  Would consider running directly off panels 18V.  Tis would give higher efficiency.

PNW_Steve:
Hey Everyone,

I have a similar question:

I collect rainwater for our household water supply. At times we simply don't get enough rain. I have been considering pumping water out of the creek in out back yard to use for toilet flushing, laundry and other uses that can safely be accommodated with water from the creek.

I could reduce my rainwater consumption by about 50% if I can manage this. The trouble that I am having is finding an affordable pump that will accommodate the 50+ foot lift required. Anything even remotely affordable that I have found will only accommodate 20'-33' lift.

It doesn't matter if it is slow or the pressure is low. I have a 275 gallon tank and would simply need to keep it topped off.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Simen:
Search for Ram Pump; It's simple to build, and would cover your needs. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version