Author Topic: Ethanol Plant  (Read 38263 times)

ChrisOlson

• SuperHero Member
Re: Ethanol Plant
« Reply #132 on: March 07, 2013, 12:16:56 PM »
  Maybe we do need to try and bring back a few dinosaurs maybe they could be trained to eat only the Pollies and the city dwellers

Dinosaurs cannot be trained.  They eat everything.  Shooting at them only pi$$es them off.  Didn't you ever watch Jurassic Park?  The dinosaur thing didn't go so good.  Dinosaurs win because they're big and they only got a brain that's the size of a grapefruit and the only thing in that brain is mean.

There's a reason dinosaurs ruled this planet for longer than man has even been on it so far.  Man might think he's got superior intelligence, but that don't hold a candle to big, mean and impervious to bullets.
--
Chris

BillBlake

« Reply #133 on: March 07, 2013, 01:49:59 PM »
The Coal To Liquid movement in the US didn't seem to get very far yet but ethanol is becoming
a 'back door man' technology doing just that. Corn is it's ho.  :o
Of coarse plenty of USA Natural Gas has been getting turned into Liquid for vehicles as well.

There are a lot of stories on the Internet about the positive economic impact of King Clean Coal
technology muscling in on this ethanol deal.

Remember that Coal and Oil Shale is what the US really Rules worldwide.

Actually we are able to take them ALL on all at the Same Time as far as Reserves go.
I loves it.

This angle is also coming on.

Power Pairings

http://www.ethanolproducer.com/articles/3089/power-pairings/

With all that said we still have a mighty long way to go.
No need to poo poo the power of microbiology and risk a nightmare of epic proportions
because we were pushy - but stupid.

If Poet can do half of ALL Ethanol without messing with antibiotics let's just make it 100%
for that extra penny or two. We will make it up as we start to put a good  stomping on them.

We need to keep pushing the real Kings as well as Ethanol.

In all the excitement it's easy to forget the hard reality.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
US trade gap widens to $44.4B as oil imports rise

MARTIN CRUTSINGER , The Associated Press

Posted: Thursday, March 7, 2013, 12:24 PM

WASHINGTON - The U.S. trade deficit widened in January, reflecting a big jump in oil imports and a drop in exports.

The Commerce Department said Thursday that the deficit rose to $44.4 billion, an increase of 16.5 percent from December. U.S. exports dropped 1.2 percent to $184.5 billion, reflecting declines in sales to Europe, China, Japan and Brazil. Imports rose 1.8 percent to $228.9 billion
as oil imports surged 12.3 percent.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<snipith>

http://www.philly.com/philly/business/20130307_ap_ustradegapwidensto444basoilimportsrise.html?c=r

Bill Blake
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 01:58:51 PM by BillBlake »

Mary B

• Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
« Reply #134 on: March 07, 2013, 02:56:36 PM »
I remember seeing this in the news a few years ago for coal to gas, then it died when the company landed in court http://www.bixbyenergy.com/technology/what-is-the-bixby-process

ChrisOlson

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #135 on: March 07, 2013, 04:35:33 PM »
The Coal To Liquid movement in the US didn't seem to get very far yet but ethanol is becoming
a 'back door man' technology doing just that.

That's because when the RFS was signed into law in 2005 there was all sorts of wild ideas about switchgrass, liquified natural gas, so-called "clean coal", etc. etc. etc..

The mandate required 7.5 billion gallons of renewable fuel blended into gasoline by 2012.  There was only group of businessmen and women that had the technology, resources, practical knowledge and business expertise to make it happen at a price competitive with petroleum.

The RFS requirement was not only met - it was exceeded because the farmers were faster on their feet than the government and the E15 standard did not get approved before we started producing excess that we are now exporting overseas.

When somebody else demonstrates that they can actually get the job done then these other sources of renewable fuels will have something to brag about.  Until then all they got is still a bunch of wild ideas and no practical technology to back them up.
--
Chris

Frank S

• Home with a view of Double mountain
« Reply #136 on: March 07, 2013, 04:51:24 PM »
[
Dinosaurs cannot be trained.  They eat everything.  Shooting at them only pi$$es them off.  Didn't you ever watch Jurassic Park?  The dinosaur thing didn't go so good.  Dinosaurs win because they're big and they only got a brain that's the size of a grapefruit and the only thing in that brain is mean.
Chris

That's true however Jurassic park used frog DNA .
 I'm thinking the better choice would be use the DNA of folks like the organic woman . and grow them as all male then neuter them early in life they would be so confused by the time they were full grown they would wind up eating each other the size of the brain thing may be a problem would a walnut be big enough.
 I thoroughly  enjoy threads like this one they force me to update my data base. Things that I knew to be cutting edge 10/ 20 /30/ or 40 years ago. which was at the time thought to be the absolute in the ways things could be done.
 Our old alfalfa fields produced something on the order 6 to 8 tons per acre those same fields today if they weren't buried under concrete and houses might be expected to produce 12 to 16 tons 
 Corn is not the crop of choice in Texas the soils are fine in some places but the climate is not as friendly
 One of our bigger crops was Alfalfa and another was coastal Bermuda,
 There is as much difference in growing alfalfa and corn as night and day but both are susceptible to disease insects and weeds.
 We combated allot of this with my Grandpa's method of farming as previously stated.
 I think he would love the following report.

Genetically modified alfalfa
Roundup Ready alfalfa, a genetically modified variety was released by Forage Genetics Int'l in 2005. This was developed through the insertion of a gene owned by Monsanto Company that confers resistance to glyphosate, a broad-spectrum herbicide, also known as Roundup. Although most grassy and broadleaf plants, including ordinary alfalfa, are killed by Roundup, growers can spray fields of Roundup Ready alfalfa with the glyphosate herbicide and kill the weeds without harming the alfalfa crop.
[edit]Legal issues with Roundup Ready alfalfa in the US
In 2005, after completing a 28-page environmental assessment (EA)[53] the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) granted Roundup Ready alfalfa (RRA) nonregulated status[54] under Code of Federal Regulations Title 7 Part 340,[55] called, "Introduction of Organisms and Products Altered or Produced Through Genetic Engineering Which Are Plant Pests or Which There Is Reason to Believe Are Plant Pests," which regulates, among other things, the introduction (importation, interstate movement, or release into the environment) of organisms and products altered or produced through genetic engineering that are plant pests or that there is reason to believe are plant pests. Monsanto had to seek deregulation to conduct field trials of RRA, because the RRA contains a promoter sequence derived from the plant pathogen figwort mosaic virus.[53] The USDA granted the application for deregulation, stating that the RRA with its modifications: "(1) Exhibit no plant pathogenic properties; (2) are no more likely to become weedy than the nontransgenic parental line or other cultivated alfalfa; (3) are unlikely to increase the weediness potential of any other cultivated or wild species with which it can interbreed; (4) will not cause damage to raw or processed agricultural commodities; (5) will not harm threatened or endangered species or organisms that are beneficial to agriculture; and (6) should not reduce the ability to control pests and weeds in alfalfa or other crops."[53] Monsanto started selling RRA and within two years, more than 300,000 acres were devoted to the plant in the US.[56]
The granting of deregulation was opposed by many groups, including growers of non-GM alfalfa who were concerned about gene flow into their crops.[53] In 2006, the Center for Food Safety, a US non-governmental organization that is a critic of biotech crops, and others challenged this deregulation in the California Northern District Court[57] Organic growers were concerned that the GM alfalfa could cross-pollinate with their organic alfalfa, making their crops unsalable in countries that ban the growing of GM crops.[58] The District Court ruled that the USDA's EA did not address two issues concerning RRA's effect on the environment[59] and in 2007, required the USDA to complete a much more extensive environmental impact statement (EIS). Until the EIS was completed, they banned further planting of RRA but allowed land already planted to continue.[56][60] The USDA proposed a partial deregulation of RRA but this was also rejected by the District Court.[57] Planting of RRA was halted.
In June 2009, a divided three-judge panel on the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals upheld Breyer's decision.[61] Monsanto and others appealed to the US Supreme Court[61]
On 21 June 2010, in Monsanto Co. v. Geertson Seed Farms, the Supreme Court overturned the District Court decision to ban planting RRA nationwide as there was no evidence of irreparable injury.[62] They ruled that the USDA could partially deregulate RRA before an EIS was completed. The Supreme Court did not consider the District Court's ruling disallowing RRA's deregulation and consequently RRA was still a regulated crop waiting for USDA's completion of an EIS.[57]
This decision was welcomed by the American Farm Bureau Federation, Biotechnology Industry Organization, American Seed Trade Association, American Soybean Association, National Alfalfa and Forage Alliance, National Association of Wheat Growers, National Cotton Council and National Potato Council.[63] In July 2010, 75 members of Congress from both political parties sent a letter to Vilsack asking him to immediately allow limited planting of genetically engineered alfalfa.[64][65] However the USDA did not issue interim deregulatory measures, instead focusing on completing the EIS. Their 2,300 page EIS was published in December 2010.[66] It concluded that RRA would not affect the environment.
Three of the biggest natural food brands in the USA lobbied for a partial deregulation of RR alfalfa[67] but in January 2011, despite protests from organic groups, Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack announced that the USDA had approved the unrestricted planting of genetically modified alfalfa and planting resumed.[68][69][70] Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack commented "After conducting a thorough and transparent examination of alfalfa ... APHIS [Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service] has determined that Roundup Ready alfalfa is as safe as traditionally bred alfalfa."[71] About 20 million acres (8 million hectares) of alfalfa were grown in the US, the fourth-biggest crop by acreage, of which about 1% were organic. Some biotechnology officials forecast that half of the US alfalfa acreage could eventually be planted with GM alfalfa.[72]
The National Corn Growers Asociation,[73] the American Farm Bureau Federation,[74] and the Council for Biotech Information[75] warmly applauded this decision. Christine Bushway, CEO of the Organic Trade Association said "A lot of people are shell shocked. While we feel Secretary Vilsack worked on this issue, which is progress, this decision puts our organic farmers at risk."[72] The Organic Trade Association issued a press release in 2011 saying that the USDA recognized the impact that cross contamination could have on organic alfalfa and urged them to place restrictions to minimise any such contamination.[76] However organic farming groups, organic food outlets, and activists responded by publishing an open letter saying that planting the "alfalfa without any restrictions flies in the face of the interests of conventional and organic farmers, preservation of the environment, and consumer choice."[77] Senator Debbie Stabenow, Chairwoman of the Senate Agriculture Committee,[78] House Agriculture Committee Chairman, Frank Lucas,[78] and Senator Richard Lugar [79] issued statements strongly supporting the decision "...giving growers the green light to begin planting an abundant, affordable and safe crop" and giving farmers and consumers the choice "...in planting or purchasing food grown with GM technology, conventionally, or organically." In a Joint Statement U.S. Senator Patrick Leahy and Representative Peter DeFazio said the USDA had the "opportunity to address the concerns of all farmers", but instead "surrender[ed] to business as usual for the biotech industry."[80]
The Center for Food Safety appealed this decision in March 2011[81][82] but the District Court for Northern California rejected this motion in 2012.[83]
I live so far outside of the box, when I die they will stretch my carcass over the coffin

ChrisOlson

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #137 on: March 07, 2013, 05:39:01 PM »
I'm thinking the better choice would be use the DNA of folks like the organic woman [/i]

We do not need redhead organic dinosaurs that think they got genetically engineered Bt toxin in 'em.  That would be worse than the regular ones that just eat everything.

We only grow 100 acres of alfalfa for the beef cattle.  I don't like alfalfa because it has to be cut and harvested in the summer and it cuts into my fishin' time.
--
Chris

Frank S

« Reply #138 on: March 07, 2013, 06:21:47 PM »
We only grow 100 acres of alfalfa for the beef cattle.  I don't like alfalfa because it has to be cut and harvested in the summer and it cuts into my fishin' time.
--
Chris

ROFL cuts in the summer try 3 /4 or sometimes as many as 8 times
 My sister loved that show green acres because she got tired of smelling hay.
 My male cousins and I loved it because we got .02c for every bale hauled and stacked.
 by the time it got up to .05c per bale we had 3 old school buses cut down and made into flat bed haulers by our 4 season hauling for hire all around the county. each of the 9 of us had a couple $1000.00 dollars saved up ( teenagers can spend money as fast as they earn it ) 3 on a team could load 300 bales before a cat could lick his behind.
 the steering wheel of the bus tied with a rope gas pedal screwed down  2 guys on the bus catching & stacking from the John Deere side loader 1 on the ground dragging. Used the same bus with short stake sides to haul watermelons and cantaloupe
 for really large fields I drove the 8020 a rebadged 8010 John Deere, pulling up to 4 or sometimes up to 6 reworked cotton wagons I got to where I could chain up 4 wagons and successfully back them up to the barn   
I live so far outside of the box, when I die they will stretch my carcass over the coffin

ChrisOlson

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #139 on: March 07, 2013, 07:00:08 PM »
My male cousins and I loved it because we got .02c for every bale hauled and stacked. 

Bales?  BALES?  You gotta be kidding.

We chop the worthless stuff with a German-built Claas SpeedStar forage harvester that has two 600 hp Mercedes diesels in it:

--
Chris

bob golding

« Reply #140 on: March 07, 2013, 08:58:30 PM »

We chop the worthless stuff with a German-built Claas SpeedStar forage harvester that has two 600 hp Mercedes diesels in it:

--
Chris

bet that thing drinks the juice. the ones around here used for cutting corn for fodder use around 900 litres a day. they chop the corn, cobs, leaves, stalk in one go. ethanol over here is guarded like gold, just in case you think about drinking it without the tax man getting his cut. did think about using it for bio diesel instead of methanol,but too many hoops to jump though. think they make it from sugar beet waste though.
if i cant fix it i can fix it so it cant be fixed.

ChrisOlson

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #141 on: March 07, 2013, 09:41:42 PM »
It burns around 20 gallons an hour chopping hay.  We only run one engine in hay.  It takes both engines for chopping corn with a 10 row head.

Bearing went out in the cutterhead last summer - knives hit the cutterbar and blew the cylinder all apart, wrecked the accelerator and blew a big hole in the hood.  The one dude on the torque wrench there torquing knives, you don't want to mess with - he'll swipe you with a paw and knock you into the next state.

--
Chris
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 10:00:57 PM by ChrisOlson »

XeonPony

• Global Moderator
  • Sanity is over rated!
« Reply #142 on: March 07, 2013, 10:55:19 PM »
Looks like my unkle, only thing missing is a keg of beer and a red beard! He'd just carry it to the garage though instead of working out side!
Ignorance is not bliss, You may not know there is a semie behind you but you'll still be a hood ornimant!

Nothing fails like prayer, Two hands clasped in work will achieve more in a minute then a billion will in a melenia in prayer. In other words go out and do some real good by helping!

Frank S

« Reply #143 on: March 08, 2013, 02:53:07 AM »

--
Chris

Like I said a lot has changed since the mid to late 60s we thought we were making all the money in the world after we started getting .o4c per bale in good fields we could haul 3 to 400 bales to the stack area per hour got an additional .01 to air stack the green stuff
 the bales that were in o danger of spontaneous combustion we could just drop the right side board to use as a slid ramp wrap the load in a tarp use a spreader bar and drag the cube off with the Moline or the 8020 if it was available   
 That Jaguar is a huge improvement over the New Holland 818 back then you mowed then wind-rowed  then chopped or you ran the combine through and wind-rowed the chaff then chopped
 Mowing and baling was involved as well, but at least we had a twin bar sickle mower and could mow a 32 ft swath, then the rakes had to make the wind rows and sometimes the hay had to be turned 2 times to allow it to dry out some before baling.
 People talk about how much fuel the modern machines consume. Comparatively speaking for the amount of production yields they produce their fuel and labor costs are nothing if you take into account what was involved 40 or 50 years ago.

ChrisOlson

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #144 on: March 08, 2013, 08:59:28 AM »
The fuel cost today is less per acre than it was 40 years ago.  On $65 worth of fuel that Claas forage harvester will suck up 30 acres of high yield crop in one hour.  In the old days it took all day to bale 30 acres of freaking hay and more fuel than that just to haul the bales.

Same with planting and harvesting corn.  We burn less than 1/10 of the fuel today, as compared to 40 years ago, to grow an acre of corn - and we get 3x the yield from that acre that was gotten 40 years ago.  When my planter rolls in the spring it might take a 250 hp tractor to pull it, and the tractor burns 12 gallons of fuel an hour, but it plants an acre of corn every 2 minutes.

Of course, when something breaks it costs $40,000 to fix it too, and the whole farm didn't cost that 40 years ago.  LOL!
--
Chris

Frank S

« Reply #145 on: March 08, 2013, 10:02:58 AM »
Yea right! if your lucky it will only cost 40 grand.

Frank S

« Reply #146 on: March 09, 2013, 02:07:47 AM »
actually I've seen how much some major repair bills can be. On construction equipment a single sun-strand hyd pump from cat  excavator can cost 30K and many have 3 of them.
Also  about 20 years ago a cousin in Oklahoma had a D343 Cat engine go down on him right in the middle of harvest season with rain in the forecast. He had 3 choices .It seems there are always 3 choices
 choice #1 find a replacement engine  and hopefully be back up and running in a couple of days if  a replacement can be found, the cost upwards of 20 grand possibly more. and maybe beat the rains saving $$$$$$$$ worth of crops.
 Choice #2 have the engine rebuilt possibly taking a week or more if all parts are on the shelf  maybe a few grand less depending on what needed replaced in the engine. prey that the rains held off. better to be swinging a sickle in harvest making things  happen than clasped in prayer hoping things will happen.more of a risk losing even more of the crops
#3 sit back and do nothing let the crops ruin or rely on others to finish their harvest early hire them or share crop with them to harvest for you.
 Options #2&3 never fit well with farmers who have been around for any length of time and plan on being around in the future .
 So option #1 was his only real choice all along.
 Except that he has a way of creating a 4th option. first call for expedited replacement hang the $$$$ amount. 2nd call everyone in his Rolodex explaining the situation and steps taken. asking if any or all who may finish their harvest a day or 2 ahead of schedule might lend a hand at what ever equitable terms.
 in the end several showed up to help his harvest because they pushed their-selves just a little harder to bring in their harvest a few hours faster some had smaller yields than figured so finished ahead An older mothballed machine that was being made ready for sale by a neighbor was loaned to him. They beat the rains and his machine was in the fields within 3 days final cost I have no idea.     

XeonPony

• Global Moderator
  • Sanity is over rated!
« Reply #147 on: March 09, 2013, 11:52:36 AM »
people look at me wierd as I have at least a couple grand tied up in spar parts siting in my little trailer, but for some reason they don't look at me weird when I have a major failure and am up and runing in from an houre to a day at worst!

I even carry a spare starter in the truck along with a full belt kit and a break set kit!, puting on a starter in dead summer on hot cemeant after dring 700Km is not fun, but not being stranded was better!
Ignorance is not bliss, You may not know there is a semie behind you but you'll still be a hood ornimant!

Nothing fails like prayer, Two hands clasped in work will achieve more in a minute then a billion will in a melenia in prayer. In other words go out and do some real good by helping!

ChrisOlson

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #148 on: March 09, 2013, 01:18:47 PM »
So option #1 was his only real choice all along.

Nowadays you just call up the dealer and 3 hours later they pull in with a semi and unload a rental unit.
--
Chris

Mary B

• Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
« Reply #149 on: March 09, 2013, 02:32:27 PM »
I grew up driving junk cars, still carry spare parts even though my current car is only a 2005 with 69k miles on it.  Rather have something than be sitting roadside. I grew up working on stock cars so fixing is second nature.

smidy

« Reply #150 on: March 09, 2013, 03:15:04 PM »
OT MaryAlana
to me milages dont say anything unless i know the make and maintence, i drive an bmw 525 tdsa -97 My wife drowe a vw bora 1.6 02 until today when it was replaced (actualy in reality on thuesday) whit an subaru legacy 2.0td 08. i have no plans on replace the bmw whit 340 000 km on it, just maintence, but that vw bora whit just140 000 km on it just say give me your money so it have to go before it is worthless....
Aland islands in the Baltic Sea

Mary B

• Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
« Reply #151 on: March 09, 2013, 07:47:06 PM »
It had dealer maintenance until I bought it at 27k miles, from there on every 3k with full synthetic oil. 2005 Chevy Aveo (Korean made Daewoo)

Frank S

« Reply #152 on: March 09, 2013, 08:59:36 PM »
I don't know why the 3K interval still lives with today's grades of oils but somebody must have been a good pitch man way back when.
 My used Mitsubishi Pajero never gota noil change in less than 15,000 KMs it has now lived through 5 drivers and has 600,000K on the clock
My 07 Trail Blazer hardly ever sees the tach under 5000 RPMs and has nearly 200,000 Km on it OK it is on it's 4 th transmission but that is just because chevy is weak in that area the sprags won't hold up and the computer shifted servos are a joke.
 But that 4.2 inline 6 still has the factory spark plugs the oil gets changed every other filter change not the other way round I change the filter at about 12,000 Km
 Running the super 97+ gasoline since new and have never had to change the fuel filter
 MY shop Generator on the other hand gets an oil & filter change 250 hours which is roughly the same as 15,000 miles up hill
 I use only 20-50 synthetic in the Chevy and  local refined Diesel grade 20-50 oil in the generator  ew drop to 15-40 from Nov to Mar
 1 generator has 22,000 hours on it which is now the standby while the new one has only 5000 hours on it

Isaiah

« Reply #153 on: March 10, 2013, 02:19:21 PM »
FYI It looks like its coming to a state near you.
http://www.naturalnews.com/039420_Minnesota_GMO_labeling_legislation.html

XeonPony

• Global Moderator
  • Sanity is over rated!
« Reply #154 on: March 10, 2013, 03:52:46 PM »
good, perhaps when they see pretty well every single thing is they will stop eating and starve!

either case will be a good luagh! perhaps I'll finaly get a chance to get my faverit grain bread that is all ways sold out by the time I get to the market!

If half these nitwits wanted do some real good they'd work on making artificial sweeteners restricted or clearly labelled, and same for artificial flavours. I am sick of buying stuff that says "Natural flavours" just to see the fine print "Artificial flavours added"

They are far worse then any GMO, and dyes why the &%&%&^% do they need to add chemical dyes to food! do we REALLY?!?! need food to be vibrant red and glow in the dark?

I'd all so say that web has more nuts in it then mister penutes mixed nuts! Do you ever find a place to quote that doesn't sound insane or have far off near unbelivable articals in it?  "Coke admits to using aborted fetus stem cells for flavouring" WTF would they need that for flavourings! it is just retarded to even insinuate!!!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 04:03:10 PM by XeonPony »

ChrisOlson

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #155 on: March 10, 2013, 04:13:24 PM »
Yeah.  What about BHT and BHA?  Why don't they go into a coma over that instead?  They put BHT in transformer oil, hydraulic fluid, gear oils, jet fuel - and they also put it in food as a preservative.

And then then the Organic People got their panties in a wad over GMO's.  ROTFLMFAO!

Hey - what about car exhaust in the air?  Do you realize that if you live in the City that you breathe it in every single day?  The Consumers should require the air to be labeled so they know what they're breathin' and have a choice.  Maybe the Organic People will decide to stop breathin the air.
--
Chris

XeonPony

• Global Moderator
  • Sanity is over rated!
« Reply #156 on: March 10, 2013, 04:41:14 PM »
Chris, we can only hope to be so lucky!  I am all for labling, I am all so all for people having a damned clue and a grasp of what the ingreadients mean, but no, just knee jerk reactionary idiots frothing at the mouth for all the wrong reasons while the damned good reasons go un knoticed! Cheerios use TSP in them and BHT in the plastic bag!

What the hell ever happend to food? there used to be this product I buaght, it had only 10 ingreadients all of them where actual food, no dies no preservitives no artificial flavours, it was cheap, it was delicious, and was simply wrapped in waxed paper. So what that you had to eat it soon kind of the point isn't it? 

Now days dam well need a pharmasutical degree and chemical engineering degree just to read the lables as is!

Isaiah

« Reply #157 on: March 10, 2013, 06:40:22 PM »
There is no restrictions on the term Natural  that can be put on anything even GMO'S.
 Organic has restrictions and to be organic certified you have to meet those restrictions. Chris could have two herds of cows on his farm and two milking parlour's one certified organic the other not  but the milk would all go out on the same truck.
 The stuff from across the way  that is labled organic  you better think twice on that because they don't have the regulations over there.
 The best is raise it yourself

XeonPony

• Global Moderator
  • Sanity is over rated!
« Reply #158 on: March 10, 2013, 06:52:35 PM »
GM is natural as you can get, no magic chemicals been added, no inorganic chemicals added, most certainly no halogenated chemicals are in there! Organic? nothing more then a fuzzy feel good lable.

No what we need, what I want, is real food that is basic and good tasting with either 100% real un basterdized sugar or non in it, I do not care if it is GM or "organic"  I just don't need nore want  some chemical companies waste dumped into it!

which reminds me I really need to get my oven fixed, perhaps that will be this evenings venture! wish it where a direct spark ignighted oven, perhaps convert it? either way  hope you get the concept of what I am talking about, real benificial change rather then frothing out my mouth screaming over a moot issue!

ChrisOlson

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #159 on: March 10, 2013, 06:54:21 PM »
Organic has restrictions and to be organic certified you have to meet those restrictions.

My wife has an organic cat.  It lays big organic smelling steamers in its litter box all the time and doesn't bury 'em.  I told her to kick that organic cat outdoors.
--
Chris

Frank S

« Reply #160 on: March 10, 2013, 07:12:31 PM »
Shampoo, dish washing liquid furniture polish all made with real lemon
100% apple juice orange juice grape juice all made with artificial flavorings coloring's and sweeteners
 maybe we would be better off drinking the soaps and cleaning with the juices LOL
My wife likes margarine I like butter even better if I churn it myself
 I don't mind her margarine because I know it was made from corn but I get to laugh once in a while about it
 I once forgot and left her margarine on the table  all day while we were away. we got home late that night when she saw it she started to throw it in the trash. I asked her why?
She said its been out all day
I said SO! you could leave it out for a week it won't spoil it may turn to plastic but it will not spoil or rot or mold  in a year because there is only few  molecules difference between margarine and some plastics
 So now she ribs me if I happen to run out of butter. Would you like to spread some of my yellow plastic on your toast she'll ask?

XeonPony

• Global Moderator
  • Sanity is over rated!
« Reply #161 on: March 10, 2013, 07:55:08 PM »
Sounds like the international Delights frenche vanilla creamer! Not a single thing in it that nature knowes what to do with it. I love it as I can leave it next to the coffe pot all month and not a single living organism will toutch it!

Well I fixed the oven, I really hate spiders now, was a damned cob web in the pilot assembly blocking it just enough for the flam to nit trigger the pilote detect sensor. several months with no oven and no idea why nothing worked till now <_<

Need to start buying stuff to make pizzas again! Feta olive spinitch pinapple mushroom, onion and at least 4 to 5 cheeses with a good garlicy tomato past!

Frank S

« Reply #162 on: March 10, 2013, 08:43:32 PM »
I used to sit in a truck stop and dump the powdered creamers in the ashtray then touch a lighter to the  mess
 Chris thinks NEO magnets make pretty sparks that stuff will go up in a blue and yellow flame

Mary B

• Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
« Reply #163 on: March 11, 2013, 08:47:00 PM »
Mythbusters did a segment on coffee creamer explosions

Frank S

« Reply #164 on: March 13, 2013, 12:38:05 AM »
never heard of anyone ever trying make it explode but the stuff burns when a lighter is touched to it
 But mythbusters like to carry things to the extremes for entertainment