Author Topic: PayPal / Cowboy Enterprises  (Read 3346 times)

bart

PayPal / Cowboy Enterprises
« on: March 05, 2013, 10:40:29 AM »
   Found some 4/0  350a anderson conncetors for 12.99 ea.  Tried ordering through PayPal and found that now that I have proved my credit worthiness by spending $2000.00 over several years, PayPal now wants my bank acct. # before it will allow any more purchases. PayPal just lost a customer.
   Contacted the seller,
http://stores.ebay.com/LGS-Wiring-MWM-Tactical-by-C-E?_trksid=p2047675.l2563
told him what PayPal was requiring and he was willing to forgo going through PayPal and he gained a sell and a customer.
 Did all this on a weekend and had the order in mailbox on Wednesday. Kudos for good customer service.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 11:05:41 AM by bart »

gww

Re: PayPal / Cowboy Enterprises
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 06:48:26 PM »
Bart
I had the same problim.  I was ordering with just credit card when paypal forced me to join to compleete an order that was exactly like one I made before with out them.  then they said I was about to reach my limmit and I would have to provide more info.  I told them they were crazy and poeple would lose money cause I couldn't buy.  So far I haven't had to buy using my pay pal membership.  But no dought one of these times they are going to surprize me again and screw some seller when I don't give them my bank account.  I got one credit card, still get a real check and when I pay I write my check and don't authorize any withdraws from any account.
I collected unemployment once while layed off and they paid me on a credit card.
I know where we are going but I hate it.  I like my paper stubs and receipts not something I got to go on a computer to print.
gww

bart

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 05:22:48 AM »
   Good to see that I am not the last hold out to be still writing checks to pay bills.
Hey, if it were not for people like us the Postal Service would be more in debt.
   Yes, one day we will be forced to be fully assimilated into the digital age and the era of funny money will be replaced by funny credits and debits on line. But I guess it is all illusionary any way. The printing presses keep on printing dollars, based upon the good faith and credit of the U.S.A. ( thats us, brothers and sisters). 

DamonHD

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Earth Notes
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 07:24:05 AM »
I had a cheque for my taxes stolen on its way to the Inland Revenue a year or so ago, which caused quite a bit of trouble, though as it happens the Revenue and my bank were *very* good about the whole thing.

So reluctantly I'm using cheques a little less and for significant sums paying over the phone instead (and watching the balance drop in my on-line bank account in real time).  I think that the on-line credit card security systems are crap, though they are now a little better when I last had anything to do with them for work as CTO of an on-line credit-card firm, and I avoid on-line payments whenever I can.

I see doing more direct bank transfers in the future, on-line, as cutting out a lot of trouble in many cases.

Rgds

Damon

PS. PayPal!  Because BoA wrongly shut my personal checking US$ account, PayPal has frozen my account with them ever since, and I've been unable to unfreeze it.
Podcast: https://www.earth.org.uk/SECTION_podcast.html

@DamonHD@mastodon.social

XeonPony

• Global Moderator
  • Sanity is over rated!
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 11:47:57 AM »
   Found some 4/0  350a anderson conncetors for 12.99 ea.  Tried ordering through PayPal and found that now that I have proved my credit worthiness by spending $2000.00 over several years, PayPal now wants my bank acct. # before it will allow any more purchases. PayPal just lost a customer.
   Contacted the seller,
http://stores.ebay.com/LGS-Wiring-MWM-Tactical-by-C-E?_trksid=p2047675.l2563
told him what PayPal was requiring and he was willing to forgo going through PayPal and he gained a sell and a customer.
 Did all this on a weekend and had the order in mailbox on Wednesday. Kudos for good customer service.

You can thank our frindly Nigerians for this, it is a fruad fail safe, they will check them against each other to verify it is all lagit.
Ignorance is not bliss, You may not know there is a semie behind you but you'll still be a hood ornimant!

Nothing fails like prayer, Two hands clasped in work will achieve more in a minute then a billion will in a melenia in prayer. In other words go out and do some real good by helping!

XeonPony

• Global Moderator
  • Sanity is over rated!
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 11:52:06 AM »

Damon

PS. PayPal!  Because BoA wrongly shut my personal checking US$ account, PayPal has frozen my account with them ever since, and I've been unable to unfreeze it.

Plan for a good day of dealing with minions, they are real fast on the trigger when they even have a vaque belief there is some thing fishy going on. It is a pain but not so much more then having a huge debt due to fruad!
Ignorance is not bliss, You may not know there is a semie behind you but you'll still be a hood ornimant!

Nothing fails like prayer, Two hands clasped in work will achieve more in a minute then a billion will in a melenia in prayer. In other words go out and do some real good by helping!

gww

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2013, 03:57:43 PM »
It nice that digital may keep your mail from being stolen but I had a payment I made on my house payed on someone elses loan.  If I have to fix anything I will take my chance that it is still a federal crime to mess with mail.  When you have to fix something you have to fix it.  If it is lost mail, no one has probly cashed it.  If you get a check, it usually has a stub with it to keep for your records and you don't need a computer or to buy ink to print it.  Also I tried to raise my children that if you couldn't pay cash you shouldn't buy it.(Except maby your house)  I have to see it to know for sure and a card don't do it. 

As far as fraud goes,  ebay let me buy 1000s of dollars and I know they had no problims and with no warning they wait till I make another big purchase on 6 more solar panels of the exact kind I had bought 6 months before and pick that time to make me join for the purchase to go through.  I say they thought I would give them my info cause they thought I wanted them panels that bad.  Had they tryed to get my bank info at that time I would now own fewer panels.  I plan on buying about 12 more but will go some where else before I give my account info out.

Cheers
gww

Plan for a good day of dealing with minions, they are real fast on the trigger when they even have a vaque belief there is some thing fishy going on. It is a pain but not so much more then having a huge debt due to fruad!

PS  paypal won't have a huge dept if they have frozen damons account.  they have his money. 

« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 04:04:15 PM by gww »

DamonHD

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Earth Notes
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2013, 04:25:59 PM »
Less than $30 if I recall!

Rgds

Damon
Podcast: https://www.earth.org.uk/SECTION_podcast.html

@DamonHD@mastodon.social

Mary B

• Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2013, 08:16:07 PM »
Been using paypal for 10 years... zero problems.

XeonPony

• Global Moderator
  • Sanity is over rated!
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2013, 08:46:48 PM »
same and I pumped over 16K through it, never and I do mean NEVER had any un autherized with drawels go though aside from one! and they fixed it asap and refunded the money for me in less then a week!

ghurd

• Super Hero Member Plus
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2013, 10:30:49 PM »
I had a guy try to purchase a few kitrs and stray parts, who sent the 'paypal' money without ME sending him a 'bill/request for funds'.
He made a typo.
PayPal basically told him HE made the mistake, and that they asked him if he was sure he wanted to send money to whoever and he said yes.
The guy who got that money never replied, so the sender just lost his money.
PayPal was 0 help.

The other side of that is PayPal is the only decent way to move money between countries for a low cost.

Oh, try your paypal debit card at a gas pump.  They take funds out for a few days, even if it makes the account overdrawn, when it is not.
G-
www.ghurd.info<<<-----Information on my Controller

jaskiainen

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2013, 04:01:34 AM »
I ordered a 10" tablet from TOMTOP.COM and when it came in it was used and broken!
There was lint inside the tablet, behind the screen. The backing was full of scratches.
I made a complain of this situation because tomtop wouldnt pay me the returning postal fee.
PayPal did go on sellers side in this situation.
Their decision was that i get all my money back, but I have to pay the postal fee for returning.
Even if there is clearly said in tomtops site that if you get WRONG item, they will pay the returning postal costs.
Ok, the item was not wrong, but it was NOT what i ordered.

So basicly 0 help from PayPal here.
Also feel bad about tomtop because i have got some good stuff from them earlier.
They just lost a customer with this hassle.

Mary B

• Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2013, 03:06:54 PM »
The amount you run through paypal may make a difference too, I have a business account and typically run about $5k a year through it with my buying and reselling. Never quite sure if I make much of a profit but it is a hobby  :o

fabricator

• SuperHero Member
  • My smoke got out again
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2013, 10:10:03 AM »
I rarely ever use paper money or "CHECKS" : ) at all any more, I can check instantaneously on my phone where ever I am that the transaction took place and the funds went to the right place.
However, I do HATE paypal with a purple passion, they are NOT a bank and thus are NOT subject to ANY oversight by .gov, but when they are the only game in town wadda ya gonna do?
I aint skeerd of nuthin.......Holy Crap! What was that!!!!!
11 Miles east of Lake Michigan, Ottawa County, Robinson township, (home of the defacto residential wind ban) Michigan, USA.

Frank S

• Home with a view of Double mountain
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2013, 11:32:39 AM »
I suspect that not being controlled (IE Micro managed) by the gov is one of the things that I find as a positive with PayPal.
 I have my PayPal account tied to my checking account, however the only thing the checking account is used for is  a debit card that I use like a VISA card. I never allow a very high balance in my Checking account any amount over a preset maximum is transferred to my savings account.
 Since I do sell on Ebay and a few other places my payPal account sometimes has a pretty good balance in it when it is at a certain level I transfer that out to my checking account.
  I use my computer for all of my online transactions and absolutely refuse to own a phone that does anything more than make or receive calls .
  Our RV is paid for and we do not have any monthly bills at all Every dollar I make or spend is mine and mine alone until April 15 each year.
 Back to PayPal; I use it almost on a daily bases I've even received money through my email I have had my account for years and when I was in kuwait it proved to be the best way to get paid or to be paid for things, and still is.
I live so far outside of the box, when I die they will stretch my carcass over the coffin

Mary B

• Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2013, 04:24:40 PM »
PayPal rarely has an issue, if you do have one with a seller threaten to close your account and they will pay return shipping as a courtesy(small volume users may not get this). I never keep anything in the checking account tied to PayPal and my bank has been instructed to reject any overdrafts coming from PayPal.