Author Topic: 1800 Watt Jacobs  (Read 5210 times)

afgatrost

1800 Watt Jacobs
« on: August 27, 2013, 10:05:03 AM »
I have a 1800 Watt Jacobs that I purchased for $2000 in 1978.  At that time the owner had replaced the bearings and brushes.  I had the commutator turned down and the machinist trued the shaft from .007inches out to a couple of thousandths out.  Not sure what is normal.  Generator came with 3 legged tower stub, original blades, hub, control box, original tale (friend painted :(, but "Jacob's Electric Wind Plant" is below) and some paperwork.  I had gathered some additional paper work.  An electrical engineering friend of mine checked out the windings and they are good.  All parts seem to be in excellent shape as well as the tower stub, which I added new felt, they may be new bearings also in the tower stub, anyway they seem good.  The only thing I think is missing is the nose cone on the front.  Since the bolts holding the generator were somewhat rusted, they have been replaced also.  I never had a chance to set up the turbine and where I live now near Kansas City it would take a 110 ft tower and I am not wanting to climb that.  :)  I am not sure on the price, I would like to start out at $3500. I may be contacted at "afgatrost@hotmail.com.
I could email some pictures, if there is interest.

doubledipsoon

Re: 1800 Watt Jacobs
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2019, 08:52:52 AM »
I know it's an old ad, but why are there no replies? Is it still available? Joe

doubledipsoon

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2021, 11:13:00 AM »
Hey, Afgatrost, where are you????? Joe I'll buy it.

SparWeb

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Wind Turbine Project Field Notes
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2021, 08:23:36 PM »
Hi DDS,
If you check on Afgatrost's profile:  https://www.fieldlines.com/index.php?action=profile;u=63766
You'll see they haven't checked back since 2013.
Not much chance this is for sale any more.
No one believes the theory except the one who developed it. Everyone believes the experiment except the one who ran it.
System spec: 135w BP multicrystalline panels, Xantrex C40, DIY 10ft (3m) diameter wind turbine, Tri-Star TS60, 800AH x 24V AGM Battery, Xantrex SW4024
www.sparweb.ca