Author Topic: Golf cart battery cost  (Read 3816 times)

WindriderNM

• some days you get the bear some days the gets you
    • WindriderNM
Golf cart battery cost
« on: September 06, 2013, 12:15:42 PM »
Does anyone know what the current cost of 6V golf cart batteries from Sam's Club is. I am not a member may have a friend who is. I am looking for something around 220ah.
~~~WindriderNM (Electron Recycler)~~~   
~~~Keep Those Electrons Flowing~~~

wilfor03

• USA: Union Grove, Alabama
Re: Golf cart battery cost
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 02:28:25 PM »
Hey windriderNM...

Just bought 6 - 6v Duracell Batteries at Sam's Club 3 days ago. Got em for $85. each with a $15. core charge if ya don't have a trade in. They're 215 ah batteries with only a one year warranty. Price is the best I could find around. And to me, it was worth a $45. membership fee. FYI....

Bill
Bill

dnix71

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 05:48:24 PM »
wilfor03  Are those the tall flooded ones or sealed maintenance free? If you have a 24v system would getting the 8v golf cart batteries make more sense?

Frank S

• Home with a view of Double mountain
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2013, 05:50:51 PM »
I'm in Ft worth and we have a Pro battery store they sell the Continental 220 Ah for 75 plus core  haven't been to Sams Club in 20 years Need to go just to see what they have now.
I live so far outside of the box, when I die they will stretch my carcass over the coffin

wilfor03

• USA: Union Grove, Alabama
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2013, 09:15:05 AM »
wilfor03  Are those the tall flooded ones or sealed maintenance free? If you have a 24v system would getting the 8v golf cart batteries make more sense?

The 6v Duracell I bought are taller then a standard car battery and they are the FLA type. Yes, you could get the 8v golf cart batteries and series them up for your 24v string. That would work or use the 6v and string 4 in series (more expensive). You just need to sniff around the different dealers for the best buy, for YOU! Whatever fits your wallet....(LOL)

Hollar back if I can help ya anymore......good luck.

Bill
Bill

WindriderNM

• some days you get the bear some days the gets you
    • WindriderNM
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2013, 03:52:13 PM »
Thanks everyone. I was considering the 8 V batteries but I may want to occasionally use some 12 v equipment and with four 6 v batteries in series I could do this. Still trying to decide.
~~~WindriderNM (Electron Recycler)~~~   
~~~Keep Those Electrons Flowing~~~

bob g

• 8.8kwatt idi diesel thermal conversion unit
    • microcogen.info
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2013, 07:16:26 PM »
i would hesitate going with 8volt batteries, they generally are a bit more expensive
and if you ever need to pull one out of the string to charge separately you will need a 8vdc nominal charger.. somewhat rare.

bob g
research and development of a S195 changfa based trigenerator, modified
large frame automotive alternators for high output/high efficiency project X alternator for 24, 48 and higher voltages, and related cogen components.
www.microcogen.info and a SOMRAD member