Author Topic: What has happened to Windpower?  (Read 2585 times)

Smithson

What has happened to Windpower?
« on: February 06, 2015, 07:18:05 AM »
Good morning:     

Are the current owners of Otherpower the same ones who oversee this board?  The Dans?  Do they still have a products page?

While looking at what others have done I came across YouTube videos of building an axial flux windmill.  The creator was the same company that sells "1600" watt GM alternators out of Missouri.

What has happened to windpower that this video would mention Otherpower plans (cad ?) and in the same breath mention that they don't want to offend Otherpower?  Working agreement?

Still further one of the contributors on this site who gave us the heads up on GM alternator junk is mentioned by name.  An advisor to their soon to be Otherpower clone?

It is an outstanding machine but with cw blades and offset to the left ( looking downwind ) the blades might be subject to tower strike.  My opinion.

So has Chinese solar become so viable that builders are bringing down their top of the line windplants?  (And it seems like, going over to the enemy)?  What has happened to wind?   

Arch

electrondady1

• SuperHero Member
Re: What has happened to Windpower?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 09:16:53 AM »
thanks to Rosetta stone we all speak mandarin now.

most wind occurs outside and is  inconvenient.

Bruce S

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
  • USA
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 11:01:10 AM »
On more than one occasion, Missouri has referenced this forum. They've even had at least one person, try to get people here to acknowledge their equipment as being some thing more than it really is.
It has been proven on more than one occasion (posts).
I cannot speak for the owners of this forum or their original website, but I can certainly say that for the short time that I have been a MOD, and a person that lives in Missouri , They have not been 100% truthful with the buying public :-(.
I can say,,, the owners are still building windmills and still teaching, all this despite the fact the great flood took out most of their livelihood.
Hope this helps
Bruce S
A kind word often goes unsaid BUT never goes unheard

kitestrings

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2015, 11:25:34 AM »
I don't know much of anything about the parties references, or their relationships, but I just was reading this on Hugh's site:

http://scoraigwind.co.uk/2015/01/missouri-video/

~ks

Mary B

• Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2015, 05:37:35 PM »
bad link...

dnix71

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2015, 05:56:43 PM »
MaryB The link is valid, but Hugh's site seems to be offline. Google's cache still exists
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:zfMlmlHFk8kJ:scoraigwind.co.uk/2015/01/missouri-video/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

The bookmark permalink on the page is http://scoraigwind.co.uk/2015/01/missouri-video/