Author Topic: Chinese vertical turbine questions  (Read 2049 times)

mmmmike4

Chinese vertical turbine questions
« on: May 12, 2015, 02:53:39 PM »
New dummy here.
I bought a 2k vertical turbine .

96 volt dc gen.Question one.........Gen has 3 unmarked wires coming out.  I got no schematic.  Any thoughts?

came with combo controller wind and solar  ( no schematic) Any one familiar with these? 
                         Same problem with the inverter  ( no docs)  96 volt dc to 110 ac 60 cycles

Gonna make a battery bank of 16 six volt golf cart batteries .

Do I leave any space between the batteries? What would be best configuration?

Thanks Mike from RI

Mary B

• Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
Re: Chinese vertical turbine questions
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 05:38:51 PM »
In a case like this pictures are worth a thousand words... show connections on the inverter and the output of the wind gen. I am guessing you have 3 phase AC from the wind gen and there will be 3 inputs on your controller for it. If you want to go to a battery bank I would scrap that charge controller and get a real one. Rectify the output of the wind gen(you can spin this by hand and measure the voltage between phases to see if it is AC) and feed it to a good MPPT controller.

Most of the electronics that come with those are not UL approved and cannot be connected to the grid in the USA so you basically bought a wind turbine...

Bruce S

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
  • USA
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2015, 09:05:40 AM »
                                           Welcome aboard!!
I'm with Mary B on this one.
Pictures will be one of the best ways at this point.
Taking a wild guess here, those 3 wires goes from the turbine directly into the inverter?
The somewhere inside it is a rectifier that takes it from AC to DC.
Like Mary B said, disconnect that part , get to the 3 wires put a meter on it in AC mode, give it a spin. Try this on all three wires, as such A-B, A-C, B-C , this should give fairly close readings if the "spin" is the same speed for each test.
IT will also give you and us a good idea of what voltages you can expect.
The better test would be to have a known RPM for all 3 tests, if possible a few different speeds to assist in what is possible with what you have.
IT would be nice to have a picture of the entire setup and individual items.
There might be others on here who have similar and assist even more.

A kind word often goes unsaid BUT never goes unheard

thirteen

• Single going totally off grid 1,1, 2013
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2015, 10:27:57 AM »
Bruce welcome to our world of off grid people.   
You might try and brace an electric drill and find a way to connect it. Then wire the trigger to a set point and it will give you a steady rpm for testing.Be careful don't let the wires touch other things while testing. They could light up your world of magic smoke.  Just an idea 13
MntMnROY 13