Author Topic: Building a 6kw pure sine wave inverter using power jack boards part1 transformer  (Read 77154 times)

oztules

• Village idiot
Simply massive..... huge.....mmmonster.

They certainly are cheap cores, and the freight is ..... well a ship is the only economical way I suspect.... keep us in the loop too.

............oztules
Flinders Island Australia

DamonHD

• Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
    • Earth Notes
@influence Can you please confirm that you get no reward from sale of these cores so that we can consider waiving our "no commercial links before 50 posts" rule?

Rgds

Damon

influence

Sure thing Damon I can confirm that I got nothing to do with that store nor do I get kickbacks. The aliexpress listing was actually put there a few days ago for purchasing online. I actually contacted the manufacturer through Alibaba....a few days of collaboration looking for the right core material and bam they wound a few...

I just did this to help out those that want to build their own monsters....

influence

I also have another core coming from another manufacturer, its a SINGLE OD 230 x ID 100 x H210mm core...it weighs 52kg...the material for that is also HiB CRGO steel...

Once I receive it I will take photos and post.

influence

Btw here are some pics of the V3.5A Control Board...

Bruce S

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
  • USA
DamonHD;
Sorry late seeing this! Massive GIS update that Ain't going well :-(.
I can confirm also that Aliexpress is known to me, I've purchased LED track bulbs from them along with various other items.

Bruce S

A kind word often goes unsaid BUT never goes unheard

oztules

• Village idiot
Thanks Influence,

That board looks essentially the same, except they have put the meter board and transformer on the card, and a resistor staircase for the changeover... maybe they have solved the ups problem.

Your building some serious sized stuff there

Bruce, I have gotten a load of stuff from Aliexpress..... mostly good... some fets below par, but mostly good.

..........oztules

frackers

• Is it finished yet?
Bruce, I have gotten a load of stuff from Aliexpress..... mostly good... some fets below par, but mostly good.

I've had the same results as Oztules - I even have an account with them.

Everything I have ordered over the last 3 years has turned up, everything worked on arrival but like anything commercial, you get what you pay for!!
Robin Down Under (Or Are You Up Over)

clockmanFRA

• Echorenovate
I tried to get a UK firm to cut and send anywhere in the World the 3 Heatsinks for the 6kW-15kW OzInverter Power Board.
But sadly they decided to charge silly money.

At least the Chinese see a business opportunity and are willing to stock and sell a particular size of Core. However, like most things there seems to be a middle man acting as the agent and can promise everything, (personal experience). So I await to see the pics of the Silicone Iron cores.

My core winder/maker in the UK can only wind up to 60mm thick, that's the max his machine will take.

My 6kW OzInverter is happy with a 28kg core, my big OzInverter has a 36kg core. Its handling the 36kg core that problems arise, like Damaging the secondary enamel when winding, lifting and moving, optimising the cut out on the core support table so you can physically get your fingers underneath and lift and turn safely.

Yea 36kg is my safe physical manipulation max. As Oz once said, "You will need a crane to wind that". I didn't but it was close.

I look forward to watching this huge build.
Everything is possible, just give me time.

OzInverter man. Normandy France.

3off Hugh P's 3.7m Wind T's (9 years).  .. 5kW PV on 3 Trackers, (5 yrs) .. 9kW PV AC coupled Used/SH GTI's, on my OzInverter created Grid, and back charging with AC Coupling to the OzInverter to my 48v 1300ah batteries.

Mary B

Good source for heatsinks in the USA http://www.heatsinkusa.com/ I have used them on a couple ham radio amplifier builds.

influence

No issues with aliexpress....For bulk parts they are definitely cheaper esp since they can list things for less than a dollar (compared to ebay)...
Ive had a couple of packages lost. It was fully refunded/resent

Stick to sellers that can offer e-EMS, DPEX,OPX Singapore and e-Packet. Some of the fastest (relative to cost) freight methods compared to chinapost...

Aliexpress is managed and funded by Alibaba which is a mammoth company compared to Ebay...

I trust their resolution process. Basically you put in a dispute, submit evidence. If the seller is being less than forthcoming you escalate the dispute
and aliexpress steps in. I have only had to use that method when I get fake ICs and mosfets or something is broken on delivery.

...annoying but I get refunds each time.

influence

Btw oztules you are right about the board mods...I believe the ports J2 J3 L1 can be used to monitor the mains output...great if you are building your own monitoring system.

Neil

influence,

I noticed that your control board has no low cut off resistor on it, did you have to put one in or does it work find
with out it?

Neil

Hi Oztules,

I know you don't use the power jack boards anymore but was wondering if you could help me out. I ordered a control card last year for a 48v inverter, it was supposed to be 60 hz but they sent me a 50hz card, do you know what cap needs to come out or replaced in order to get the 60hz?
The control cards are like the ones in message #193.

Thanks,

oztules

• Village idiot
Not a clue... I would expect it is in the software. In the 8010 boards it is pin selectable.

.........oztules

Neil

thanks Oztules.

was afraid of that.