Author Topic: chrge conmytroller  (Read 1675 times)

thirteen

• Single going totally off grid 1,1, 2013
chrge conmytroller
« on: July 15, 2015, 12:40:40 AM »
Is anyone using a Schneider Electric XW MPPT-80-=600vdc
80 amp controller? Any problems with it?
According to the seller it would let me put all of my solar panels in series and come down the mountain 500 frt to my power house.
I was going to put my panels 3 per pole 3 poles and then in to a collector box then down to the power house. each of the three panels would be in series on there poles then to the collector box then down. 255 w panels
Thought I would ask. 13
MntMnROY 13

Mary B

• Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
Re: chrge conmytroller
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 04:08:29 PM »
Did a quick search on reviews. Sounds decent IF you get one with current firmware. Firmware upgrades require a $250 uploader!!! And it sounds like tech support is horrible to non-existant from the griping on message boards but that that with a grain of salt, some people think it is horrible to have to wait for a call back the next day!

Interesting product and has me thinking... If I did that I could probably up my panels to 3600 watts and keep my 120 foot #6 feed that is currently running with around 80 volts on it and 1200 watts of panels.

thirteen

• Single going totally off grid 1,1, 2013
Re: chrge conmytroller
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 04:20:29 PM »
As for a phone call return would be hard for me unless a set time was set beforehand. Something like a two hour window would work.  I have to drive 3 miles to get reception. the one I'm looking at has a one then three zeros behind it. Plus tax. I think I could drop my wire size down some. I'll have to get a little more information and ask a few more questions. Thanks for the info. 13
MntMnROY 13