Author Topic: looking to Learn  (Read 1844 times)

Onabs solutions

looking to Learn
« on: August 18, 2015, 02:18:33 AM »
Hello

Im one the many new young people trying to build a business and a career for himself. I Studied Physics at Kutztown university of Pennsylvania. i am looking to explore the world to see what is out there.

it has been my interest to study nature and understand how to harness her emence energy to help humanity. while the 21st century has really opened our eyes to developing cutting edge technology to harness this power, i would love to make contact with people that have some experiece so i can learn from them.

My name is Victor Onabolu and i am growing entrepreneur and im interested in knowing more about the harnessing of earths renewable energy and i will love to learn more specifically about the wind energy.

thank you

clockmanFRA

• Renewable Energy creation
Re: looking to Learn
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2015, 04:57:27 AM »
Wind Energy, see our not for profit site.......

http://www.echorenovate.com/wind-energy.php

9037-0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsQAxY5_EGw

Here in France these three 3.7m diameter, (12 footers) Wind Turbines are the Hugh Piggott design, made by me, and must be nearly the ultimate in Machines, Minimum materials, simple, very robust, highly efficient for what it is, and importantly very cost effective.

Yes, our web site needs updating, 3 years hmmmm ....... as I am AC Coupling now and trying to sort out my Inverter needs as a well known manufacturer has let me down.

Just one thing in RE is not the solution, everything must be seen in the whole.

For instance, In my opinion its pretty pointless using RE in a house or building that is not to Passive House insulation standards.

I think it is possible to raise a family and earn a living doing the hands on RE and surrounding tasks, but a more rounded skill base will be required.

Self Empowerment in RE is a great challenge and real rewarding especially when everything works sweetly.

Bon Courage.

'DamonHD', .... I posted the Utube link about the Solar Tracker Book, trust that's okay? . As you know its not for profit, the cost covers the colour printing and postage just about anywhere in the World, thanks. (Yes, fine! DamonHD)

« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 06:05:38 AM by DamonHD »
Everything is possible, just give me time.

OzInverter man. Normandy France.
http://www.bryanhorology.com/renewable-energy-creation.php

3 Hugh P's 3.7m Wind T's (12 years) .. 5kW PV on 3 Trackers, (8 yrs) .. 9kW PV AC coupled to OzInverter MINI Grid, back charging AC Coupling to 48v 1300ah battery

Mary B

• Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2015, 02:46:21 PM »
Interesting tracker design. What kind of winds do you get? In winter storms I have sustained at 45mph and gusts to 60mph for 2-3 days at a time. Beats the heck out of anything not securely fastened down. Summer gusts over 100mph are common(peak gust this summer has been 110mph so far)

clockmanFRA

• Renewable Energy creation
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2015, 03:01:29 AM »
Hi Mary B,

The Tracker design itself stands a fair bit of Wind and yes even severe Gales, storm 11.

If I get news of a Hurricane conditions approaching, (we are about 1 hour from the Atlantic Ocean prevailing winds are normally from the SW and we are half way up a mountain), there is a Gale Force safety strap, as the Centre of Gravity of the tracker is behind the main Pole support. By releasing all Declination straps/adjusters, the tracker goes into a lay flat Mode and therefore edge on to any winds.

However, the Actuator and its brackets are the stress points, I have tested & modified and tested them.

However, your wind conditions are very important when considering an installation, especially if you have turbulent air.
Everything is possible, just give me time.

OzInverter man. Normandy France.
http://www.bryanhorology.com/renewable-energy-creation.php

3 Hugh P's 3.7m Wind T's (12 years) .. 5kW PV on 3 Trackers, (8 yrs) .. 9kW PV AC coupled to OzInverter MINI Grid, back charging AC Coupling to 48v 1300ah battery

Mary B

• Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2015, 10:29:23 PM »
Very turbulent, wind here tears things apart unless you build for it. Carpenter who helped my build my fixed solar frame said it was over kill. It has survived a 110 mph gust... 4x6 on edge with 4x4 rear uprights, steel connectors at every joint and multiple screws... cement piers go down 52 inches...