Author Topic: Giving away tachometers  (Read 4441 times)

David HK

Giving away tachometers
« on: August 30, 2015, 08:11:56 PM »
Hello,

As I am now in my mid 60's I am dismantling and giving away whatever I can from my RE systems.

The latest give away to a good home are two sets of tachometer in working order.

I have not used them for many years and I believe the following web address will provide information and technical data about them - http://www.jeffree.co.uk/pages/revmaster.htm

I would prefer to offer them to two persons rather than two sets for one person.

If you're interested just send me a private message with your postal address and I will do my best to send them off by airmail asap.

Dave

David HK

Re: Giving away tachometers
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 07:49:20 PM »
How strange, 10 years ago members of this web site would be eager to obtain something for free.

Anyway, some more details. The circuit sheet is attached for viewing. The system works on a PIC processor. Supply voltage is 12 VDC. The circuit can accept two types of sensors - slot type - and optical type. Mine is that latter and reads the black/white painted divisions on the aerofoil spinning hub.

The way it was useful to me was to read the turbine output at known RPM's. Its mostly for testing and understanding. The kit cannot be long term mounted on an 'outdoors' turbine because it lacks weatherproofing.

David

Mary B

• Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 12:35:51 AM »
I might have a use for one in a couple years but at the exact moment... not really... and I would forget where I put it and buy something then...

PNW_Steve

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2016, 11:33:09 AM »
How strange, 10 years ago members of this web site would be eager to obtain something for free.

Anyway, some more details. The circuit sheet is attached for viewing. The system works on a PIC processor. Supply voltage is 12 VDC. The circuit can accept two types of sensors - slot type - and optical type. Mine is that latter and reads the black/white painted divisions on the aerofoil spinning hub.

The way it was useful to me was to read the turbine output at known RPM's. Its mostly for testing and understanding. The kit cannot be long term mounted on an 'outdoors' turbine because it lacks weatherproofing.

David

Hey David,

If they are still available I could sure use one. I am not sure what the shipping cost would be? Would you be shipping it from China?

Thanks

Steve

David HK

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2016, 06:10:00 PM »
Steve,

My regrets but they have gone.

Dave

DamonHD

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Earth Notes