Author Topic: Building a 6kw pure sine wave inverter using power jack boards part2 the guts..  (Read 34101 times)

oztules

• Village idiot
No.... this is an old scope    trusty unit indeed
This is a pic from the egs002 experiment in pure sine inverter I cobbled together.

http://www.anotherpower.com/board/index.php/topic,1116.0.html

..............oztules
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 03:23:52 AM by oztules »
Flinders Island Australia

dgd

• Never do today what can be done tomorrow
    • Lory Link
When I get things assembled in the case then must try connecting a PWM digital output pin from the Mega to the fan control input, with suitable level shifting, and see if a slow PWM rate keeps the PJ logic happy.

dgd
Off grid since 4/2000
Midnite C150,C250,Clipper, 2.8Kw PV, 2Kw turbine,1025Ah24v FLA (1999), SW3024E (1997), 3q16 48v300Ah LiFeYPO4 6Kw OzInverter, Arduino DUE web monitor.

clockmanFRA

• Echorenovate
I am not sure dgd if continually sending pulses down the PJ signal wire is good?

As I said the heat sensor switches on, which is variable and definitely not constant, and checks to see if the pulses are there.

I am always for simplicity and robustness. Faking this PJ safety feature with a small fan, seems relatively understandable and straightforward.

For those watching, a little clarification.
 Here is the PJ required heat sensor attached to the heatsink, and you can see the fan connector socket. At present that's all that is required for the PJ board.

9473-0

Here is more. A picture tells a ........

9474-1

Everything is possible, just give me time.

OzInverter man. Normandy France.

3off Hugh P's 3.7m Wind T's (9 years).  .. 5kW PV on 3 Trackers, (5 yrs) .. 9kW PV AC coupled Used/SH GTI's, on my OzInverter created Grid, and back charging with AC Coupling to the OzInverter to my 48v 1300ah batteries.

clockmanFRA

• Echorenovate
The New OzInverter metering system.

All the Arduino parts that DGD suggested are now here.

9511-0

And yes I also have the Micro SD card and its cradle for my PC.

3off Hugh P's 3.7m Wind T's (9 years).  .. 5kW PV on 3 Trackers, (5 yrs) .. 9kW PV AC coupled Used/SH GTI's, on my OzInverter created Grid, and back charging with AC Coupling to the OzInverter to my 48v 1300ah batteries.

oztules

• Village idiot
This I gotta see.

Those arduino things are hard to beat. I just used up 30 pins on a nano to drive the whole sea water desalination unit I built.. they are unbelievable for 3 bucks.

..............oztules
Flinders Island Australia

dgd

• Lory Link
Clockman

those look like all the right bits  :)
have you downloaded the Arduino IDE to your pc or laptop yet? connected the Mega via its usb cable to a pc usb port and checked its working?
Will post the web server part of the code in new topic in area Damon suggested
Then the individual sensors code

dgd
Off grid since 4/2000
Midnite C150,C250,Clipper, 2.8Kw PV, 2Kw turbine,1025Ah24v FLA (1999), SW3024E (1997), 3q16 48v300Ah LiFeYPO4 6Kw OzInverter, Arduino DUE web monitor.

dgd

• Lory Link
The html5 gauges web page listed in previous posting needs to be copied to PC then transferred and renamed to index.htm (not html) on the micro SD card. You windows PC should recognise the SD card and adaptor when plugged into a USB port, drive D or E.
This page is a good test for the Mega xml file output.. When copied plug into the microSD slot on the ethernet shield.

dgd
Off grid since 4/2000

frackers

• Is it finished yet?
The relevant simple web pages are stored on a micro SD card and when a web browser connects (up to 4 TCP connections with the Arduino Wiznet 5100 shield) the Mega wweb server serves the appropriate html5 web page.

The first page I plan to be a live data display where the various data items refresh every second of so. The server will use AJAX to serve XML files to the connected browser hence providing the live data display.
I'm not sure yet whether some sort of web analogue meter display would be useful such as the Classic gauges display shown below or maybe a nice graphics SVG style digital number display would be better, an example is in the second image below
Over time its probably feasible to have a 'skinned' display option with various display formats (html5 pages) available for user selection.

Any questions, suggestions or ideas welcome  :)
Has anyone created a nice OZ inverter graphic that could be used as a background image?

dgd

I love the graphical gauges - any chance of a version that uses json rather than xml ? - I find it so much more human readable for testing!!

It is how I interfaced to the webserver (mongoose + embedded app) on a wireless router that runs my irrigation system (https://github.com/g8ecj/irrigate) via a USB9097 USB to 1-wire adapter to talk to the hardware.

Not sure how I'll do the inverter monitoring - the current system (https://github.com/g8ecj/turbine) uses a serial connection to a wireless router and an SD card for stand alone operation but I have a version that can use an nrf2401+ module to send data over 3-400m on 2.4GHz band (I've been testing it on my tunnel house window opener system!!). I'll have a matching nrf2401+ (connected through a basic Arduino Nano clone) in the house that can poll the various outstations and prepare the ajax data.

I've just about given up on the wind turbine here - too much wind coming off the Alps too often (I'm on the Canterbury Plains) so I'll be concentrating on controlling the direct solar charge, a GTI or 2 and a system of on-demand circuits (well pump, swimming pool, irrigation) that use power on a priority basis when it is available.

Robin Down Under (Or Are You Up Over)

clockmanFRA

• Echorenovate

have you downloaded the Arduino IDE to your pc or laptop yet?

Not yet, should I follow this?.......... https://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Windows

connected the Mega via its usb cable to a pc usb port and checked its working?

Yes the green led is on near that push button and red/amber led is flashing about 3 to 4 times a second.

The html5 gauges web page listed in previous posting needs to be copied to PC then transferred and renamed to index.htm (not html) on the micro SD card. You windows PC should recognise the SD card and adaptor when plugged into a USB port, drive D or E.

Hmm, okay I said I was dim with this stuff, ......... but how do I get that code of yours from this forum earlier post of yours, onto that SD card, yes the PC see's it, but its blank, although I have created a folder on the SD card and named it index.htm.

This page is a good test for the Mega xml file output.. When copied plug into the microSD slot on the ethernet shield.

dgd

Is the Ethernet shield connected on top of the Arduino card/board and powered up.?

Regards PSU, 48vdc to 5vdc, many thanks regards using a Car 12v cigar lighter to a 5v USB adapter, NEAT that you found that the Arduino does not get so hot with the USB cable connection.......

I use these ........ see photo...... fLeebay, but they are reliable and I have several running permanently nearly 5 years now on my trackers circuits and actuators, and so far no failures. I also use them on the Ozinverter I use 12vdc to run Oz's double cooling circuit, 2 fans with the PJ boards and 2 fans for the toroid.

The car 12vdc to USB adapter 2 amp type I have ordered, awaiting the next couple of days for this.

Bare with me dgd, as I learn to walk.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 03:59:38 AM by clockmanFRA »

dgd

• Lory Link
Clockman,
yes that link should get you started with downloading the Arduino development tools (IDE), I think the latest is about version1.6.7
The Mega is working, thats the power led and all Arduinos come with a 'blink' program pre-installed and that is it running and blinking that other led.
highlight the html file from previous posting, double click at start of first line and mouse down to end so its all highlighted then use Edit at top of windows screen to 'copy'
Then open Notepad to create new file and using Edit button at top of Notepad window hit Paste and the html file will
appear in Notepad window. Save as index.html is whatever directory you want. Last check it visually that there are no broken lines etc. Last copy to index.htm on SD card in drive e: (or whatever it is)
That is a proper DC to DC converter you have, should be jsut for the Mega

dgd
Off grid since 4/2000

dgd

• Lory Link
I love the graphical gauges - any chance of a version that uses json rather than xml ? - I find it so much more human readable for testing!!
I used XML because there are so few actual data items transferred via AJAX that imposing a record structure and using JSON didn't seem worth the effort (minimal as it was!)
I agree a json format test file is probably easier to deal with. However, I never actually bothered making a test data file, just went straight to using output from Mega.
Now that I have developed a DUE based server for multiple Midnite Classic and Kid controllers a json/Ajax data xfer is looking a better choice.  :D
Also js Highcharts and HighSstocks graphs deal easy with  json format data for some neat graphing options

(https://github.com/g8ecj/irrigate
nice
Not sure how I'll do the inverter monitoring - the current system (https://github.com/g8ecj/turbine) uses a serial connection to a wireless router and an SD card for stand alone operation but I have a version that can use an nrf2401+ module to send data over 3-400m on 2.4GHz band (I've been testing it on my tunnel house window opener system!!). I'll have a matching nrf2401+ (connected through a basic Arduino Nano clone) in the house that can poll the various outstations and prepare the ajax data.
I like the Arduino C3300 2.4Ghz ethernet shield, essentially a wireless version of the Wiznet5100, so easy to setup and all support libs already in place via IDE.
WIth my Oz inverter I eventually want just a Mega using the SimpleModbusSlave lib to provide a modbus TCP and RTU(rs232) interface, even though there would probably only be a dozen or so useful data registers.
Then get data via wireless TCP into my Cubie RE monitoring/web server system.
With that setup I may never have to get out of this couch  ::)

Off grid since 4/2000

clockmanFRA

• Echorenovate
Thanks dgd, on the SD card now, nice to find some use for Windows Notepad.

I will download the 86mg Arduino development tools (IDE) in the morning, when the boys are at school and my French satellite system here gives me good speed, otherwise I am waiting hours.

clockmanFRA

• Echorenovate
Okay, got the software, (gave them/domated $10).

Followed the process etc, reminds me of the Old DOS days uploading CAD libraries,  and I uploaded the 'Blink' Sketch and got that working.

Spent sometime however, trying to find out how to stop the Blink, blinking. Did the close, did the Quit, but me thinks the 'Blink' sketch is now permanently in the Mega, until I do something about it. Which unfortunately I could not find any simple clear info on.

But getting there....

DamonHD

• Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
    • Earth Notes
Loading the next sketch will overwrite the blink sketch.

It's all there in Flash until you replace it!

Rgds

Damon

clockmanFRA

• Echorenovate
Thanks Damon.

Loading the next sketch will overwrite the blink sketch.

It's all there in Flash until you replace it!

Rgds

Damon

They are very good at telling you how to get started. But, I like to know how to stop and go backwards. lol  :D

dgd

• Lory Link
.. on the SD card now, nice to find some use for Windows Notepad.

Ok, so when the SD card is in its carrier and in you PC then open the SD card and double click on the saved file index.htm that you have just copied on to the mini SD card.
Your PC will recognize this as an html5 file and display it using its web  browser (IE9, firefox etc) then if the copy worked ok you should see the gauges page displayed on screen.
If its messed up or not displaying then you need to recheck tohe saved file for broken/missing lines.
You should also copy a nice background jpg image onto the sd card and rename it ozinverter.jpg

dgd
Off grid since 4/2000

clockmanFRA

• Echorenovate
SD card when opened just comes up with the Code as copied from your earlier post here.

Re-tried, re-copied but just the code, even in my IE10 the Explorer just comes with code as you posted.

dgd

• Lory Link
I assume you saved the file somewhere on your PC?
Using Notepad open the file then save as index.html
Make sure it is saved as file type .html
then double mouse click on the filename and your web browser should open it and display it
If all you are seeing is text then its probably saved as a .txt file or .doc file

dgd
Off grid since 4/2000

sean_ork

Perhaps the association of .HTML files has been changed.

Shift, and right clicking the file with give the "open with" option.

clockmanFRA

• Echorenovate
Ok dgd, saved as html.....

First screen shot photo shows what I get now ..... just the rectangular guage ?.

Second shows, note pad about to get your code from your post on page 2....... I have some choices? Unicode?

Third shows about to create your code into html....... again choices of Unicode?

Bruce S

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
  • USA
Also:
IF notepad keeps insisting on making it a *.txt file.
You can open a DOS command and rename it.
CMD [press enter button]
rename index.txt[space button once] index.html "though I normally do
copy index.txt[space button once]index.html
[press enter button]
that fixes the save as issue too.
ClockmanFRA I know you're more up on renames or copies, but there could be others watching that may not be.  ;)

Cheers
Bruce S
YES! I'm following along as I'm messing around with  one of the clones too. Much easier to code than the Pi I have.
A kind word often goes unsaid BUT never goes unheard

clockmanFRA

• Echorenovate
Roger Bruce,.......... that's why I am showing screen shots of me getting/ wading through this stuff.

dgd

• Lory Link
Clockman,
When saving from Notepad I use the default ANSI encoding.
Looks interesting the various filenames and extensions you ended up with but you got the index.html eventually
and its being executed by your web browser.
The SVG box (the green box) is good but the gauge code seems not to be working. Yet from what I see of it on your screenshot it looks as though it is ok and not broken.
I'm not sure what web browser you are using but this html code runs good on my Windows 10 laptop using Firefox and also the version of IE provided with W10 (also works on my Ipad4, Iphone5,W8 laptop iwth firefox and IE).
In fact I have not seen it fail with any browser but I don't have any PC running OS older than W7.
The version you are using may not support the html <canvas> command (if its quite old!).

And just to make sure all was ok I copied the code as posted here previously into a Notepad window, saved ANSI as indexozzy.html then using file explorer to show it and double clicked on the filename and my firefox displayed it completely with green SVG box and the five canvas round gauges
So it definitely works  :)
dgd
Off grid since 4/2000

Phred

caveat emptor
I have ordered controller & driver board some 5 months ago. They have my money but are not sending the items always asking for information. Email Negotiation in good faith is fruitless. Poweronlinesale put a lock on my ebay purchase so a dispute could not be raised in the 30 day ebay window. Now I cannot leave a neg feedback. So Beware with this mob

Mary B

Call ebay and explain what happened! They CAN fix it and force a refund. If the first person tells you no ask for a supervisor. They tell you no ask for their supervisor!

clockmanFRA

• Echorenovate
Hi Phred,

Yes getting these boards is becoming a problem and I think PJ may have caught on.

I think PJ had no problem selling a few boards here and there, but I suspect there is little profit in selling these as I doubt they actually make these boards themselves, especially against the profit margins in assembling and selling their own Inverters, coughs & splutters!.

I have just checked, and the PJ LF, 15kw, 48vdc 230vac, 50HZ, pure sine wave boards are out of stock, The folk/agent you are dealing with, have NO boards at all for sale , they are supposed to be operating from Taiwan since 2008.

Each time I get some 15kW boards through these scattered around the globe agents, they actually always get delivered direct from PJ , PowerJack, DONGGANG, DALANG, CHINA.

If you are having difficulty obtaining these boards then contact ….. ‘OTW’ said ….. "For anyone wanting boards, Cher at PJ is very very helpful and I recommending getting in touch with her directly. powerjack.cher )@( gmail dot com "

120v 15kW boards are still available from ..... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121372307145?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&var=420314377003&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

If only we could produce a comparable board our selves? ?????  Now that would be the Icing on the cake. !
Then that would be true World Wide Personal empowerment and self-improvement, with a cost effective, Robust, Open Source, Renewable Energy, OzInverter .

I DREAM...............

clockmanFRA

• Echorenovate
Okay dgd.

It seems html file has lots of stuff in it that most I Explorers will automatically block.

The first Screen shot shows what I get, at the bottom of the screen there is a bar that says things are blocked, but press here and all is Okay, it goes in a few seconds.
I only found this on my slow laptop when I shoved the SD card in it, its a re-conditioned cheap job that I use for altering my SMA GTI's stuff with a special Bluetooth arrangement. The warning /blocked bar comes and goes very slowly on my Laptop.
On my PC, that bar comes and goes in a blink of an eye.

And they we are dgd.... Its UP....yes, jpeg image 185k for background in on the SD card now.